Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
3,095 Posts
I am seeking the wisdom of fellow boaters..

What are the best cleaners for the boat? They can be household cleaners that outperform or are cheaper than the typical marine cleaners too.

looking for the regular assorment of cleaning..getting stains out, regular cleaning, etc. for fiberglass, vinyl seats, non-skid decks, etc..

for example, the black streak cleaner from Boat US works pretty well. it smells like Amonia.. but Amonia doesn't cost $5. is there something better to use?

·
Registered
66 Posts
The only product I recomend is a Hull Cleaner by Star Brite.

I have had my boat floating for the past 6 seasons with out bottom paint (just painted this year). The Star Brite product is amazing for removing the inch of grass that grows on the out drive and bottom

·
Registered
14 Posts
I too have used the Starbrite Instant Hull Cleaner and will second what Karl had to say. It is a great product and the only one I have found to stand out above all the other products out there. I am not sure what it does to the wax finish though, but it instantly removes the scumline and grime on the hull.

G

·
QUOTE(spacelord @ Jul 15 2003, 11:16 AM)I am seeking the wisdom of fellow boaters..

What are the best cleaners for the boat?
I find that illegal alien's do a pretty darn good job, and cheap too!

midgets also can get in those hard to reach areas in the egine/bilge area.

and if you can find a midget -illegal alien you would be all set!!

·
Registered
530 Posts
shouldn't be so hard to find an alien they seem to flood the country every day

G

·
Hull cleaner: Mary Kate, On & Off. The best hull cleaner ever.

I use a product called Super Clean for quick cleaning ( multi purpose) of my vinyl and interior fiberglass. works well for the swim platform.

·
Registered
3,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Is "Super Clean" a boat product or a general cleaner?

G

·
I bought it at West Marine. (Super Clean)

What is with this? 84 people have looked at this thread and only seven responses. Don't you lurkers out there ever use cleaners on your boat? PUNKS! C'mon, join the discussion.

·
LSCN Sponsor
1,910 Posts
I use Starbrite products. Just tried the cleaner for the non skid areas of the boat it works great.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
I use West Marines boat wash for the top. Light detergent is all it is, I think a dish soap would do the same job. I use a black streak remover for those places the birds like to make deposits. I also use it to touch up spots below the rub rail when I am out anchored somewhere where I can walk around and see the low places. Wife takes care of the interior stuff but I think she just uses common cleaning stuff. Nothing special. I use Turtle wax spray to touch up the hull wax.

·
Registered
4,832 Posts
i also use west marines black streak remove , not really sure though if that removes the wax also , it doesnt say to wax over spot where you used it , i was told by a few differnt people to use a cleaner wax . when waxing so i allways have .and had decent results.

·
Registered
47 Posts
3M makes a full line of fine marine products. The all purpose cleaner is great, I use it on everything, watered down. I even use it around the house, windows, floors, carpets, i even pre-spot laundry with it. If you use it one the deck... it's slippery as he$$. Be careful.

·
Registered
3,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I have also noticed that the non-skid deck cleaner is also slippery as hell...

·
Registered
3,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Is Krazy Kleen a boating product? where can it be purchased?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Yes, Crazy Clean is a boating product, and it works great. I think I bought my last bottle at Boat US.

There's one more important cleaning supply: Those friends of yours that are always asking to go on your boat!! When they show up, give them the hose and brush, and say "Swab the deck mate!!"

1 - 20 of 26 Posts