Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner

Best Friend

2K views 32 replies 26 participants last post by  Dookie 
#1 ·
For a million bucks, would you be willing to never again see or talk to your very best friend? (You couldn't tell the person why or explain anything, just right now, never talk to or see again)

#2 ·
Tough desision.......With that money you could make new friends.......But I`m generally not that cold with my friends....Question is....Would your best friend leave you alone without an answer to why you wouldn`t talk to them or tell them why....Mine wouldn`t let me off without a reason..Unless I just disappeared or something....But then they would come looking for me.....At least I hope so....

#3 ·
nope, no question

Your mind, family and friends are the only things in life that matters, or are even real. Money is a abstract tool. Similar things can be accomplished with other tools.

#6 ·
no way

#10 ·
my new rule in life is to never have a best friend, have lots of them. great fun in numbers, of people. i spent a long time in a small circle of friends. not any more, and i am having way more fun. show me the money....

#14 ·
QUOTE(MONEYSHOT @ Jan 9 2004, 11:59 AM)For a million bucks, would you be willing to never again see or talk to your very best friend? (You couldn't tell the person why or explain anything, just right now, never talk to or see again)
YUP!!!!!

And i wouldn't blame her if she did the same. Money's not everything, for sure, BUT i can see how all that money could help the ones you love and still have an awesome party to boot!

tisk-tisk......rotten Dookie, rotten Dookie

#16 ·
not if i couldnt tell them why ..

#17 ·
There is a lot of truth to what Pandora and Rerun said. Best friends are typically temporary due to a change of person or priorities or trust. All mine have been. I don't like to think of Cassie is temporary, but time will tell. I still wouldn't trade for $$ though, no way.

#18 ·
Never, I've known mine since the fourth grade and I'm the god parent of his oldest girl. Also it's priceless when his kids call me Uncle Rob.

#19 ·
QUOTE(firecracker @ Jan 9 2004, 12:29 PM)Where's the love Dookie..... you haven't been a real friend anyway

That's not what you said as you were screaming my name!

OHHHHHHHDOOOOOOKIEEEEEEEEE!OHHHHHHHDOOOOOOKIEEEEEEEEE!
YOUR MY BEEEEEESSTTTT FRIEEEEENNNNND!

OK i'm preparing to get my arse kicked tonight for that one!

#22 ·
I think it depends on who your best friend is and how close you are with that person. My boyfriend is my best friend - I spend every day with him and talk to him about everything. I wouldn't give him up for the world. I have had best friends in the past who I only called best friends for lack of a better word and I would take the money in a heartbeat.

#24 ·
I can't say that if the opportunity were to arise, it wouldn't be a hard thing to turn down, but honestly I could never give up my best friend, especially without being able to explain why. We've known each other over 20 years and not having her a part of my life would not be worth it. She is more than a friend to me, she's like my sister and that's priceless. Same with her, we are always there for each other no matter what the situation. I miss not seeing her all the time as it is, since she lives in Grand Blanc, I couldn't imagine never

#25 ·
SHOW ME THE MONEY! I love getting my 5 yr. old to yell that! Cracks me up every time

I have many best friends and love them all.....
I'd lie through my teeth, take the $$$$$ and share

Heck, I'd have sex with someone for a million bucks! What's wrong w/you people???

ok.....feelin' shallow now.....i'm leaving the thread with my tail between my legs.......

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.