Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Being amongst the city that developed that day, about a mile or so off that DNR launch, Harrison Twp. Everybody seemed to be having the times of their lives
Just if we could've had a head-count out there that day. Let alone the weight that put the stress on the ice that day
Why I mention this was because, the group I was with, were out there until about 9ish that evening. As often as I've fished on the hard water, I have never heard the ice react the way it did that night. Call it "my imagination" or whatever, the noise that continuously (and I do mean continuously) erupted from the surface beneath our toasty-boots
. It was as if, the ice was having a great *sigh* of relief
like the weight of the world being taken off its shoulders. Yes, this was quite an overwhelming experience, because many times we were actually laying our jigs on the lake bottom, to see if the lines were dragging at all (this would be a clear indication, that the ice is moving
. Fortunately this was NOT the case. By the time we got the shanties ready for shore, we had only a few jumbos to go bragging about. Yet after the moments of knocking knees, we were happy to get to solid ground after a wild peaceful day (oxymoron
) with y'all out there on "Ice City USA". As always keep playing safe.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Great fish and story, Ice_breaker. I wonder how many peeps went and measured the width of a newspaper page to get an idea on just how big those perch were (top fish approx. 13").

·
Registered
241 Posts
I think the ice on Sunday sounded even worse than Saturday night. Could not believe the amount of cars driving a mile out and then it seemed as if all of them parked within 50 yards of one another. Had one truck drive within about 5 feet of the back of the shanty and my buddy and I both felt the ice push down and groan like it was going to give out. By the end of the morning we ended with a dozen nice ones. Moved down to the Coast Guard for the evening fish and took another dozen jumbos from 8-12 inches. Most fish came on minnows with an orange teardrop but the biggest fish were taken on a firetiger jigging rapala.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts