Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know it’s the middle of boating season and if I had one I’d be right there with you guys. Since I don’t. Who wants to hook up for a ride?

·
Registered
530 Posts
I'll take you up on that. when and where?

·
Registered
4,663 Posts
You have lot's of time to enjoy your bike!! I love riding, well as a passenger of course!

I've seen Pauline out on her yamaha a few times. She is zipping around quit well!

·
Registered
530 Posts
QUOTE(DawnieDawn @ Jul 26 2004, 12:43 PM)I love riding, well as a passenger of course!

on a bike? or - nevermind

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
I'd be up fer it. The last time something like this was posted only Homebrew and I showed up. <_<

But we ended up having a great time!

Your bike looks in great shape B2B

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
One day soon I should get a bigger bike. AT the moment I have a 1973 Suzuki enduro 125cc

Allways looking for another small one to take up north trail riding. Funny thing I've owned it for 9 years and have never been on any trials.

Paid $300 for it and have had a blast, especialy when the gas prices went up a few years ago. It cost me $4 a week in gas and I only put gas in my truck every 6 weeks. It has definitely paid for itself a few times over.

·
LSCN Sponsor
5,507 Posts
QUOTE(DawnieDawn @ Jul 26 2004, 01:43 PM)I love riding, well as a passenger of course!

YES, Ma'am!!!! Me, too
Although there is a SWEET purple bike at Wolverine I have my eye on

Maybe when I sell the Saleenamobile...

Riding on the back of a harley is almost more enjoyable than driving my car, anyway

I am sure the driver of my new toy would be up for a ride, too

·
LSCN Sponsor
5,507 Posts
QUOTE(damn yankee @ Jul 26 2004, 08:25 PM)I got an extra seat and helmet in anyone's interested.

Oh, and Laney, you get on a bike and ride it, not drive it!

WHATEVER

I knew that. Purely a typographical error

Blonde Moment

Anyway........Be nice to me and maybe I will provide you with another RIDER!

So...let's go - when ?!?!?!

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
Hey, I just wanted to make sure that you're talkin' the right lingo when you go to Wolverine H-D!

I am off ALL of next week, and my boat is getting a new gas tank
, so it's outa commission. But that's makes a great excuse to get out on my other fav toy! I'll let you gouys know when I plan to head out. Sunday is always a good day for a ride, I'll bring it back up next Saturday to see if anyone is interested.

·
Registered
3,889 Posts
I think I'm about ready to head out too with you all. Made it out yesterday and for the first time felt really comfortable on the big bad roads..
.. though, still a little weary on the left hand turns with no lights.

saturdays and sundays are a no go, but anytime during the week!

here's mine!

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
QUOTE(canehdiangirl @ Jul 26 2004, 10:08 PM)here's mine!
Do you have the goofy goggles like Pauline too?

·
Registered
530 Posts
I'll be up for a Sunday ride so long as it's after noon. I'm planning on going to the cabin in Grayling next weekend to try to teach the kid how to ride his bike, in a field, with no trees, if ya know what I mean. I should be back 12 or 1 and will shurely ride. I already put 6200 miles on this year around boating and working.

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
DY, Thanks it is 21 years old, (does that mean I can run it on alcohol now
) and only 13,000 miles. I really need to ride more.

"YES, Ma'am!!!! Me, too Although there is a SWEET purple bike at Wolverine I have my eye on"

Laney on two wheels!!
Oh Lord. Please bless and keep my crazy friend from safe from harm!
You should take the weekend safety course even if you don't buy one right away. It's an excellent course and you get to practice on light easy to handle bikes. You will need the course to get your cycle endorsement anyway. There is normally a weighting list so you might want to look into it soon.

If you think people drive likes a$$es when you are on 4 wheels it's 10 times worse when you're on 2. They just don't watch. If you do get one I'm sure you'll have a blast with it, just be careful. Especially when you start to get comfortable, it's easy to get a little too cocky. I almost ate the back of a van one night.

C-girl I'd be up for some weekday rides but this week is not looking good. Maybe next week if we get some decent weather.

I've been shooting a 3D archery course Sunday mornings but an afternoon ride sounds good. 2 or after would be best for me.

Now where to meet. Those that have shown interest here are scattered over 2 maybe 3 counties. I'm in Waterford, Cotty I believe is in Rochester, DY I think is near Harpos, Laney is in BFE and Conquest??? Any suggestions on a middle ground to meet and a destination. I hate being road Capt so if one of you has a route that they like to ride, speak up.

This should be fun if we get it pulled together.

·
LSCN Sponsor
5,507 Posts
QUOTE(Boater2be @ Jul 28 2004, 12:47 AM)Laney on two wheels!!
Oh Lord. Please bless and keep my crazy friend from safe from harm!

...way to round 'em up, Chief.

We could meet somewhere along M59 or even Metro.

We were going to do the "Ride to Remember" last Sunday, but ended up sanding floors instead
It was a 70 mile ride - I can check into that route.

We could end up at Stoney Creek or Addison Oaks - hit the beach...

...just a thought.

B2B - what the heck are YOU still doing up at this hour?

·
12,052 Posts
QUOTE(Saleena362 @ Jul 26 2004, 08:40 PM)
WHATEVER

I knew that. Purely a typographical error

Blonde Moment

·
Registered
3,889 Posts
QUOTE(Boater2be @ Jul 28 2004, 12:47 AM)You will need the course to get your cycle endorsement anyway. There is normally a weighting list so you might want to look into it soon.
Laney,

I found the sneakiest of ways to get yourself into the weekend course without being on the waiting list... let me know, if you want to know...

·
Registered
4,663 Posts
Hey C-Girl your ride is so nice you groovy rider chick!! Maybe you and John can go out riding with my John and I.

Miss ya girly girl!

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
There is normally a weighting list so you might want to look into it soon.
I really have to stop posting so late. I admit that I can't spell worth a s*** but even I knew better then that.

AM:lol[/URL]:

We could meet somewhere along M59 or even Metro.

We were going to do the "Ride to Remember" last Sunday, but ended up sanding floors instead
It was a 70 mile ride - I can check into that route.

We could end up at Stoney Creek or Addison Oaks - hit the beach...

...just a thought.

B2B - what the heck are YOU still doing up at this hour?
It sounds like a good start but I thought you where going to be at the cruise on Sunday.

As for being up late. MYOB. <_< J/K
Too much to do and too little time. I started on the next room of the house. That put me behind on the rest of the routine.

Any more ideas or input for a ride this Sunday?

1 - 20 of 38 Posts