Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Premium Member
9,145 Posts
Yeah, you're right, I don't know if NAV alone will stop it. I don't know if Mongo has the virus or not, but he has the symptoms. He's doing a scan right now. Blocking TCP/IP port 135 and installing this patch from Microsoft, appears to have fixed the problem for him.

· Premium Member
9,145 Posts
QUOTE(afiremen @ Aug 11 2003, 10:42 PM)I am really stupid when it comes to installing "Blocking TCP/IP port 135" and things like that. I just learn to live with it!
Come on, that's got to do with Firewalls! You should know all about that!!

· Premium Member
9,145 Posts
Thanks for the info, Distant_Horizon.

The link in your message isn't working, so I wasn't able to check that out. What is this beta patch you speak of? We used "Windows XP Security Patch: Buffer Overrun In RPC Interface Could Allow Code Execution" and it stopped the reboots.

Also, in regards to firewalls, I think most people will not go out and buy a hardware firewall. A software firewall like Zone Alarm is better than none!

· Premium Member
9,145 Posts
My home PC is okay, but it may have hit my work PC. I can't paste anything I copy!
And my "Smilies" don't work....
And I can't get to the link that merlin posted because IE won't open a new window....

ruh-roh rorge!

· Premium Member
9,145 Posts
QUOTE(threecrabs @ Aug 29 2003, 01:42 PM)I knew it...a little 18 yr. old puter nurd! Here's the story.
lil basturd!

I don't know if it will apply to this guy, but I read earlier today that this offense is a felony!

I also read that the blaster was indirectly responsible for the power outage. If proven, this is sure to harshen the penalty!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.