Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is the pre tournament meeting going to be at Elizabeth park?

I registerd today and was told they have more co-anglers then boaters and didn't need a co-angler to register to make sure I get to use my boat (is this common for Michigan BFL events?)

This is going to be my first BFL event and any info on how the meeting goes and what I can expect would be appreciated. Now let me see if I have this right..... You must register between 4-7 PM the day before and the draw will take place at 7:30? And one more thing if I want ot fish Canadian water is my partner required to get a Canadian Lic? If not what then? Is there some one there selling them?

Last If any ones see me there that morning and has a few min's could you lend me a hand launching my boat, dont want to tie up the launch!

·
Registered
873 Posts
Roy,

Yeah you pretty much have it right. I wish you well at your first BFL!!! I will be there and would be glad to help ya launch.. You more than likely will meet up with your non boater prior and he will assist ya. I am glad to though. Also you can call Operation Bass by phone the Friday of the meeting and check in that way, then you can just show at the meeting "by 7:30" and not have to re check in. It is alot less stressful that way esp. with that @[email protected]&!! traffic you guys have over there..... See Ya at the meeting if not before at your open!!! I think you have one Sun 17th??? St. Clair..??

Nick Neves

·
Registered
424 Posts
Hi Roy.
Glad to see that your fishing the B.F.L. your first time you will draw a low number
first timers luck. Your best to meet your partner some where else then the ramp saves time and he can help in the launch. Good luck.
Mike
www.erieanglers.com
I.S.G. Pro Staff

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I know all about meeting my partner "off site" but not knowing what kind of person he/she might be I have a hard time trusting them with my truck and trailer

The big crunch in my trailer fender attests to that! I drew this guy in a Fed Fish Off and he did this in the morning and drove it back to the ramp with the fender digging into the tire and when i asked what happened he said "Oh that I'm sorry about that" and didn't even try to help me get it Straightened out so I could get home. Add insalt to injury he didn't even give me any gas money for the 60+ mile run we made where we culled fish all day.

As for the "High Draw" I expect that! I'm just trying to get a feel for the BFL so I can make an informed decision if I should fish the full season next year.

Tired of handing out checks I want some one to hand me a check for a change

·
Registered
882 Posts
I have had nothing but oustanding co-anglers.
Two out of three of my co-anglers have cashed checks and moved up in the points.
I am meeting new friends and having a great time in the BFL. If my co-anglers feel uncomfortable with backing and parking the rig or maneuvering the boat, I just do it myself as quickly as possible and no one has gotten bent over it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts