Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There is a new no wake zone on the Grand.
This one is LOOOOOOONG. For a quarter mile at least right up to the bypass.

·
Registered
151 Posts
The fishing is great. It will not live up to the standards of alot of east siders though. I am excited, I finally get to be on home waters.

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The fishing is much improved over the last couple of years.
The water is up as well.

·
Formerly "FRL"
930 Posts
I'm not fishing the BFL Grand so I will post up some insight for you guys.

I had a tourney on the Grand this weekend and blew the win and snuck in a 3rd place. I had my chances but things just didnt go my way.

The bite is still tough compared to past years but slightly improved over last year. The fish are relating heavily to shade and any structure you can find.

I mannaged to find a few smallies but nothing bigger than 16 inches.

My biggest largemouth prefishing was 3.7 lbs but I couldn't find those bigger fish on tournament day. Needless to say I had one large bass miss my buzz bait and my non-boater tossed a Pop-R at him and the big boy jumped all over it. My non-boater took big bass with that fish a 3.67 lber. The tube bite was good and most of my Bass came on a tube.

Mona - I prefished Mona lake with the plan of heading up there and having some fresh water all to myself. I found Mona to have solid fishing pressure with at least 1.5 dozen bass boats on it. Mona was a tougher bite than the Grand but I hooked one big bass up there only to loose him at the boat. Mona has a decent spinner bait bite going on but the tube bite is tough. Personally I wouldn't make the run to Mona.

Muskegon Lake - I personally did not pre-fish Muskegon but we had a couple of boats run up there and those guys stunk it up ...... the Bite on Muskegon is tough to hit and miss from what I am hearing...... risky gamble in my book.

White - Two years ago the DNR sprayed the lake and killed off alot of the smallmouth. Since then White has been one tough lake to fish. I have had some buddies who have been in a few tourney's on white lately and their telling me don't bother.

Personally If I was fishing the BFL on the Grand I would be running south.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts