Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
FWI. To all entered in this weekends BFL tourny. The registration/ meeting site is at the Wal-mart on Gratiot in roseville.
We are going to have a huge tourny. Ronnie B. says he expects around 180 boats.
Have fun
Bish

·
Registered
666 Posts
Where, is it on 12 mile at Gratiot? What time? Might stop in to check it out.

·
Registered
118 Posts
It is out of Metro, but I still have to see it to believe it on the 180 boats. I don't the BFL has had over 130 boats in the last 3 years I have been involved with them.

Anyway, it should still be a good time. A beautiful day is expected, 3 tournaments in the area along with a 4th out of Erie Metro, Jobbie nooner leftovers, the boat races and a million tuna boats.....yeah, that will be a real good time.

Be safe and Good Luck all!

GeorgeT

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
One of my fishing friends registered today for the BFL Saturday and Ronnie told him we are now in the low 180s for boats which is why the meeting was moved to the Wal-Mart Roseville, which I think is the one on 12 Mile at Gratiot. But don't quote me on that.

I thought last year's 136 boats at the opener was big!

·
Registered
666 Posts
The only Roseville WallMart that I know of is on the south side of 12 Mile just east of Gratiot. From I-94 you get off at 12 Mile Rd. and head west.

If staying at the Red Roof or any of the places around Little Mack and I94, be advised that the exit/entrance ramps are all close there and Little Mack is closed going under I-94. It will take you a few extra minutes to get around.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Anyone know the time of the meeting?

·
Registered
927 Posts
meetings at 7:30? balls, i have to go get my canadian fishing liscense after work at lakeside. so from warren to lakeside then out to roseville. anyone know about how long the meetings last? i know they have to match everyone up, that will probably take a while!

madman himself

·
Registered
118 Posts
Madman

I figure it will be at least an hour to two hours if there is a 180 boats as predicted....plus they will have a lot of rules to go over with the boat races and all. I am figuring they will have the mile roads off limits from Metro to 9 or 10 mile. They will also have some special weigh-in rules (that ramp will be hoppen).

I thought the meeting used to start at 6:30 or 7.....starting at 7:30 means most of us won't get back home until 9:00 or 10:00. I need my ugly sleep. Still don't understand such a late start.

Oh well, see ya there.

George T

·
Registered
320 Posts
GTerrien,

The offshore race is not until Sunday. There will be no need to close the lake in the area of the race course. ( Huron Point to 14 Mile)

Saturday is a poker run and shouldn't be that much of a problem. I just wouldn't feel comfortable fishing around the mouth of Black Creek when they start the run.
(Poker run starts at 9:30am)

Dave

·
Registered
882 Posts
Vida went to Erie for 3 hrs but caught his two largest fish in St. Clair.
I caught one toad off the hump but my bite went away and I had to relocate to get my limit.
I always catch the big fish the day before or after the tournament.

The wind/waves absolutely wrecked havoc on alot of boats. Saw some of the biggest waves I have seen on LSC. Took two over the bow.

Had a great time and enjoyed a very well run tournament.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts