Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
I know it has been posted here before but will ask again.

Why can't we try some new water?

I realize that the Michigan Division is growing and why change a good thing. I also realize that besides the Grand that we go to world-class waters. But a trip north would be nice. Traverse Bay to start the season off on could be awesome and they have the facilities to house 300 guys.

Oh well! I am sending in my $$ no matter what but just had to ask the question.

Merry X-Mas to all.

·
Registered
319 Posts
They wouldn't get the turnout that they do down here. It would be nice, but would also be more expensive for most people that fish these. Thank god its on erie/st.clair 4 times and not the grand.

·
Registered
424 Posts
It's all money it's a business go where the money is.
Take a look at the payouts to the amount of anglers that fish it's a low pay back. But it is still fun.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Been thinking of joing the bfl for 2004 as a non boat,
what is the super tournament and how hard is it to get in all 5 tourneys, is there a waiting list to get in ?

thanks............bob

·
Premium Member
18,804 Posts
Mike,

May I make a suggestion to start a new post about your circuit? The original post is about the BFL and you stomped on it pretty bad....

I think I can move the post if you want me to....

Mini

I split the post into its own subject.....now back to the BFL discussion here. If you want to discuss the Erie Anglers Stuff go to that post...

Thanx,
Mini

·
Registered
424 Posts
Sorry Mini I got carried away my apology to all. I also enjoyed fishing the BFL met some good people there. I also don’t like the Grand it’s a hard bite there.

·
Premium Member
18,804 Posts
QUOTE(bassslayer @ Dec 19 2003, 11:46 PM)Sorry Mini I got carried away my apology to all. I also enjoyed fishing the BFL met some good people there. I also don't like the Grand it's a hard bite there.
No problem Mike....

Mini

·
Registered
129 Posts
Bassnbob,

The BFL is a good circuit to fish. Your idea of fishing it as a co-angler is smart depending on how you feel about your tournament experience. It allows you the opportunity to fish a quality circuit with little cash outlay, the possibility of learning from those you draw, and you can decide if you wish to try fishing as a boater down the road.

The Super Tournament is a two day tournament at the end of the season for each BFL division. The entry fee is double the normal entry fee. It would cost $150.00 for a co-angler. The top 15 or 20 % ( I cannot remember the exact %) from the first day get to fish on Sunday.

As far as getting in all five tournaments, you can enter by yourself as a co-angler and depending on when you enter, you may get into the tournament. My suggestion would be to find a "boater" to pair up with for all or most of the tournaments. The two of you can enter under what is called "priority entry". This pratically guarantees you will be in the tournaments you enter.

Email me if you have any [email protected]

·
Registered
57 Posts
Thanks Grasslakebasspro,
l live up here near traverse city and have not fished clair or erie in 15 plus years and feel that a year as a non boater would do me good on these big waters.

again thanks....bob

1 - 14 of 14 Posts