Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My best this year so far - 21".

Caught on a harness.
Been picking up some nice bass mixed in with the walleye and perch. I have been not too far from the Light. If you want bass, I'd go find some nice weeds in 17-19 fow and try that.

Water Sky Cloud Boat Sunglasses

Attachments

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
QUOTE(CaptDoug @ Aug 12 2009, 08:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Live bait is cheating

Hey now!!! If I could pick and choose what they bit....I'd have your job!

·
Registered
6,969 Posts
QUOTE(CaptDoug @ Aug 12 2009, 08:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Live bait is cheating

Ya what he said.

·
Registered
3,330 Posts
Cheating or not, jolly nice one there!

·
Registered
6,511 Posts
Nice Bass Little Guy

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
QUOTE(stormchaser5399 @ Aug 13 2009, 01:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Nice job. Drop shot rig I'm assuming?

No Storm I was trolling for walleyes. Wish I could claim more angling talent, but it is what it is.

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
QUOTE(little guy @ Aug 13 2009, 06:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(stormchaser5399 @ Aug 13 2009, 01:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Nice job. Drop shot rig I'm assuming?

No Storm I was trolling for walleyes. Wish I could claim more angling talent, but it is what it is.

lol See, this is exactly how I landed my 6.25lb'er last year. I was out with propwash in 17 FOW along the shipping channel trolling for eyes, and on the very last retrieve before calling it a day, he slammed my harness. Talk about fun stuff when they are 17 feet down, and pulling you arund like mad. That's an experience I certainly don't plan on forgetting anytime soon.

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Wish I had a scale on the boat I would have liked to have weighed it. I have caught some 21s and 21.5s and they have weighed 5 - 5.5 # but this one was built like a tank. When they start looking "square" instead of long, I think that's when they cross the line from 5# to 6#.

·
Registered
10,622 Posts
Nice job and good to see a big one. Award winner.

h2o

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.