Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend sent me this picture of a salmon that his buddy caught this past sunday evening out of Ludington. The story I got was that it was officially weighed at 34.5lbs and made the Ludington newspaper as the biggest salmon caught and officially recorded since 2001. Whatever the story is it looks like a nice fish!
Water Sky Outdoor recreation Fin Fisherman

Attachments

·
Registered
6,511 Posts
They were catching some pretty good sized ones on mich out of doors on thursdays show. but nothing like that.

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
Wow nice fish! Hope I get something close to that when I go there on the 7th.

·
Registered
4,082 Posts
QUOTE(kayceedee @ Aug 28 2009, 12:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>A friend sent me this picture of a salmon that his buddy caught this past sunday evening out of Ludington. The story I got was that it was officially weighed at 34.5lbs and made the Ludington newspaper as the biggest salmon caught and officially recorded since 2001. Whatever the story is it looks like a nice fish!
View attachment 66026

good to see this! Last few yrs have been all about numbers and not size.

·
Premium Member
3,236 Posts
Yup, a friend of mine slips his boat there and sent me a text when the fish was brought in. I did not see any pics but I have to believe that is the same fish.

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
QUOTE(Tony @ Aug 31 2009, 10:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Yup, a friend of mine slips his boat there and sent me a text when the fish was brought in. I did not see any pics but I have to believe that is the same fish.

Most likely was. I stopped by my buddies house this weekend. His neighbor is the guy who caught it. I had the opportunity to talk to him for a few minutes, heard the full story, read the newspaper article, saw the master angler application with the official weight at 34.8 lbs. I got there just in time to see the fish as the taxidermist had stopped to pick it up, pretty impressive fish! If I remember right he said he got it 110 feet down over about 170 feet of water on a blue dolphin spoon on a secret weapon rig.

·
Registered
81 Posts
[quote name='fish n chicks' date='Sep 1 2009, 10:21 AM' post='915334']
Well they don't all come up even CLOSE to that big Kratos, but it IS an absolute blast, and you cannot beat the taste of fresh lake Michigan kings over a fire! Or just fresh out the lake...

Sashimi baby! Bear Grillz style.

Shoot, even if it's half that size. I've ALWAYS wanted to Salmon fish, river or lake, just haven't bought the gear or sized up a charter yet. Next year...it will happen....

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.