Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
18,824 Posts
OK,
People please be aware, be responsable, and pay attention. It will benefit you and your friends.

Last couple times I was at Brownes, when we sit in a group, they WILL NOT give you seperate bills.

I had me and a friend, 2 hamburgers, 3 beers, It cost my input of $70.00, That is pretty expensive.

We had everyone account for what they ate, looked at the menu, what they drank, tried to read the ticket that looked like they wrote a 3 page document on a bar napkin (it was not legible)

Everyone put in their money, with extra for tip, and we were still short..... this has not been an isolated incedent, has been 2 for 3 occurrance

We had some people that did not even get what they ordered, and the staff said well, this is what I have for you, do you want it ????

I suggest you demand seperate bills, or sit at seperate tables, then once the order is given, move tables together. Because some people are just over paying, weather it be due to overcharging or what, all we know is we had each person donate their food cost, drink cost and extra and still seem to be short.

Example:
Dude A had a burger, 2 beers, a shot, he put in $30.00
Hot chic B had a salad, ice tea, 2 beers, she put in $25.00
and we kept the same formula through the bill and we were still short in the end.

Just beware.....

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
QUOTE(Fast~Eddie @ Jun 30 2004, 11:45 AM)We had some people that did not even get what they ordered, and the staff said well, this is what I have for you, do you want it ????
Holy Crap....

I'd be like "Bite Me!"

That's insane.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Not to start a war here or anything, but what Eddie is saying is true.

If you do go with a large group, there is a waitress there with long blond hair and she is AWESOME!!

·
Registered
18,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
To say the least, I have been very displeased.
I do not enjoy $70.00 hamburgers.

·
Registered
306 Posts
I learned to only order my drinks from the bar, beers end up being $5.00 ea. cheaper by the end of the night, no surpise $110.00 tab writen in some strange bar language.

·
Premium Member
11,184 Posts
QUOTE(MrsP-29fun police @ Jun 30 2004, 10:58 AM)Not to start a war here or anything, but what Eddie is saying is true.
No wonder you let me pay last time!

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Or the $9.00 yegarbombs (sp) that only had a half a can of redbull. WOW

·
12,052 Posts
Or the bar in Fairhaven on the water...I had a chicken thing, Spider had a burger, and Laney had some chicken thing. 6 beers and a couple sky blues. $78.
I said "Hey, they captains and cokes are not mine". 20-30 minutes later she brings me a bill with only the total, not itemized......$75.
Yeah, right...all those cocktails were $3. Wasn't going to wait ANOTHER half hour for her to try and get it right, just paid it and don't go back.

·
Registered
11,681 Posts
oh yeah, been on that end of the tab before.

i've now learned to say right away SEPERATE tab. if they don't, i go to the bar.

and yes, mrs p29... the blonde waitress is awesome! funny story: when i first met keri-lyn, i thought SHE was the waitress from brown's and said some kind of comment about it and she was SOOOOOO offended! lol! i was like sorry!

·
Registered
4,832 Posts
That has happend to me a lot at spectadium here in troy .And also to hammer and my self at hamlin pub ..over 200.00dollar tabs, and that when we were paying cash for part of it too. I allways try to pay for drinks as i get them cash. that way i know how much iam spending and for what. Some waitress ive noticed dont like it when you do that more work for them iam guessing..

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
Last year , a waitress went after me on my boat with bill for some salad
. I did pay my bill around $ 85 and according to them I ordered a salad later i want to escape with $4.50 for the salad.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
I know we have been stung a few times too! I always demand separate bill unless there is only 4 or 6 of us.

·
Premium Member
21,452 Posts
i always ask for a separate tab. some people actually get offended and i really don't care. been stuck paying more than i should more often than not.

kenny likes to start a tab and i've recently asked him to stop doing it. i'd rather just pay cash each time.

·
12,052 Posts
QUOTE(bobrob @ Jun 30 2004, 02:41 PM).....And also to hammer and my self at hamlin pub ..over 200.00dollar tabs, and that when we were paying cash for part of it too.
Um, Bob.....we drank over $200. at the Hamlin pub.

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
That has happened to us numerous times too! Brown's quite a few times!
I instantly ask for seperate tabs and tell the waitress if she does it, we will tip her extra...usually works lately!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts