Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Was out today for a nice afternoon of fishing of metro beach with my dad (Doc Smally) when I hooked this beautiful 36 1/2 " Pike. (largest of my career) Had never fished a suspending jerkbait but it might now be one of my favorite lures.

My question is this.... at 36+ inches what should this pike weigh?

Our good scales had a dead battery, so we found an old cheap one in the bottom of a tackle box. It had the beauty at 9 1/2 pounds. She seemed so much heavier than that.

Any thoughts on her weight?

Thanks for any input. It was a great afternoon with the old man!!

Can I now be called Doc Pike ??? Ha Ha

Attachments

·
Vendor
539 Posts
VERY NICE PIKE!!!! Hard to judge with the arm extension unbent elbow photo but from what i have seen on St Clair at 36" Id say 9-11lbs maybe 12

·
Registered
6,511 Posts
Nice pike I would have to say 11 and a half to 12 pounds. Maybe 12 and a half.

·
3,236 Posts
Tough to tell without a girth meaurement or angle but probably 9-12 pounds. We were in Canada last week and caught a bunch and weighed a lot of the big ones and we were surprised at how much less they weighed than we guessed. Who really cares though, beautiful fish!

·
Registered
151 Posts
I have speared many pike in the 36 to 38 inch range over the years through the ice. 10 to 12 lbs.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I would guess the scale was about right at 9 1/2 lbs. My biggest pike was caught in Lexington harbor doing some Cleo casting for Salmon, it was 44 inches and weighed in at 15.4lbs. A few casts later I got a 41 incher that was a dead on 11 lbs. So I'm thinking 36 inches, between 8-10 lbs. Nice catch.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
I would say 10-12lbs nice fish. I do not see many pike at the 36" mark posted. I only have caught 1 that size. Nice fish

·
LSCN Sponsor
5,472 Posts
Most St Clair 36 inch Pike will go between 9 to 12 pounds

·
Banned
1,368 Posts
QUOTE(rod holder @ Jun 12 2009, 07:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I have speared many pike in the 36 to 38 inch range over the years through the ice. 10 to 12 lbs.

A pike 36 -38 inches speared through the ice is full of spawn. a pike now will weigh less.. I caught and weighed a 36 inch pike on memorial day that was just under 9 1/2 pounds im guessin this one was about the same

·
Registered
4 Posts
Caught one out there today that was that big if not bigger. Wanted to to weigh and mesaure it but it chewed through the net before we could.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts