Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
LSCN Sponsor
1,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just checked with www.intellicast.com there is a bad A$$ line of storms moving our way. It is the first time i have seen the colors on the rader at the end of the heavy scale. Be carefull in the next 2-3 hours.

·
Premium Member
11,184 Posts
Was jsut about to post that. Well, here it is anyway, with the county lines. It doesn't look like it will last to long, but it's the most red I've seen on the doppler in a while!

Attachments

G

·
Thanks for the heads up, maybe I won't have to wash the boat tonight.

Now who's Leonard, and what is he doing way up there??

·
Registered
696 Posts
Someone in my office just called his mom in Lansing, she has 1" of HAIL on her deck, careful out there peeps!!!

(I HOPE this blows over before I have to load the van for a karaoke gig, DOH!!!!!!!!! remind me to clean out the garage so I don't have to worry about this next time.........)

·
Registered
83 Posts
The NWS Storm Prediction Center has issued a Severe Thunderstorm Watch for portions of

Northern Indiana central and southern lower Michigan extreme northwest Ohio Lake Huron

Effective this Friday morning and afternoon from 1045 am until 400 PM EDT.

Hail to 2 inches in diameter... thunderstorm wind gusts to 70 mph... and dangerous lightning are possible in these areas.

The Severe Thunderstorm Watch area is along and 65 statute miles east and west of a line from 40 miles southeast of South Bend Indiana to 30 miles north of Flint Michigan.

Remember... a Severe Thunderstorm Watch means conditions are favorable for severe thunderstorms in and close to the watch area. Persons in these areas should be on the lookout for threatening weather conditions and listen for later statements and possible warnings. Severe thunderstorms can and occasionally do produce tornadoes.

Discussion... storms continue to intensify as they move ewd into swrn lower mi. Activity will move along old convective boundary that extends from near mbs swwd into the activity in the vicinity of grr. Air mass is destabilizing with mlcapes of 1500 j/kg and steep lapse rates around 7c/km indicating the potential for hail and damaging winds next several hours.

Aviation... a few severe thunderstorms with hail surface and aloft to 2 inches. Extreme turbulence and surface wind gusts to 60 knots. A few cumulonimbi with maximum tops to 500. Mean storm motion vector 25035.

... McCarthy

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
QUOTE(Capt'n Mike @ Aug 1 2003, 03:06 PM)I'm in Troy, nothing yet here. Getting darker though...
I am in Troy also...its getting real dark

·
Premium Member
11,184 Posts
Actually, the wind has picked up big time now. 20 minutes ago the flags across the way were hanging, now they are flapping horizontally like mad. I can see the reflection of lightning in the building next to me, and dust is blowing up off the shoulders of the 75 entrance ramp.

·
Registered
530 Posts
looks like it should be over the lake by 500 ,hopefully. I'd like to go out for a little tonight . Anyone else if the foul weather passes?

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
QUOTE(Capt'n Mike @ Aug 1 2003, 03:11 PM)Actually, the wind has picked up big time now. 20 minutes ago the flags across the way were hanging, now they are flapping horizontally like mad. I can see the reflection of lightning in the building next to me, and dust is blowing up off the shoulders of the 75 entrance ramp.
I'm also in Troy,maple and Stephenson Hwy.
It is really dark, wow, the plant on my desk is blowing around in the wind.........oops, thats the air conditioner blowing on it!

·
Registered
18,824 Posts
QUOTE(Focker @ Aug 1 2003, 03:18 PM)Just started pouring in Auburn Hills
What bar are you at !
is the beer cold !

·
Registered
530 Posts
just noticed the second line boating might be for s#$t tonight

1 - 20 of 53 Posts