Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
After two years of doing consulting work Larry has finally been offered a full time job! I have to say that it has been the most interesting and challenging two years of our lives! Larry worked for Chrysler for 15 years and due to merger and unfortunate timing he was laid off. Anyways he's been looking for two years for similiar and suitable work in Finance/manufacturing and has had no luck except w/ consulting. Anyways, he has now been offered a job w/ a consulting firm but full time, none of this no work/no pay but to top it off he has an impending offer w/ another company as a Division Controller but that would be in Jackson!
How ironic if you ask me.

So what would you do take the better job/pay and move to Jackson or Ann Arbor or stay here w/ a good job, good pay where we live on the water have an awesome house and boat? It's been crazy for us but exciting because if anyone's been out there looking for a job you know how frustrating it can be!
Anyways just wanted to share our excitement!!

·
Registered
18,824 Posts
congrats to you larry !!!!!!

·
Registered
4,269 Posts
Great news Jewels. Congrats Big Tree!

Commuting ain't that bad, like I told ya Jewels!

·
Registered
19,233 Posts
Congratulations! What great news! It's a tough world out there, but glad to see good things have come your way.

One of the two job offers is only a choice you guys can make. Add the good and bad of each. Good luck!

·
Registered
465 Posts
He COULD get a little apartment in Jackson & stay monday night thru thursday night!

I'd have a hard time giving up the lake house & boating!

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
QUOTEHe COULD get a little apartment in Jackson & stay monday night thru thursday night!

If he gets that offer we are seriously considering something like that, but I am told I am to not having any wild parties or any flings w/ the eletrician, plumber or mailman!

We'll see ya never know, I'd hate to leave and then become a stonehead w/ all the hippies in Ann Arbor!

It's funny last night people were give Larry well wishes and he's like how does everyone know? I'm like I dunno...hee hee
He's not on here much.

·
Registered
4,663 Posts
Congrats Larry...I am so happy for you guys.

And if you have to make a move...you guys need to do what's best for you...just make sure you get a guest bedroom so my a$$ can come stay with you!

Love U Guys!

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well it's a DONE DEAL.......We don't have to move!! yeahh!! Larry just got the call they renegotiated and he got what he wanted so we are staying! Whhhheeww! What a long journey and finally it's ended (for now anyways). What a great way to start the New Year off!! This truly is God's doing, I've been praying forever!
So now you peeps are stuck w/ us!!

·
Registered
18,824 Posts
QUOTE(jewels @ Dec 22 2003, 09:00 AM)Well it's a DONE DEAL.......We don't have to move!! yeahh!! Larry just got the call they renegotiated and he got what he wanted so we are staying! Whhhheeww! What a long journey and finally it's ended (for now anyways). What a great way to start the New Year off!! This truly is God's doing, I've been praying forever!
So now you peeps are stuck w/ us!!

AWESOME FOR YOU LARRY !!!
VERY HAPPY FOR YA ..........SHORTY ! LO, !

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Thats great to hear, CONGRATS

·
Registered
409 Posts
I am VERY HAPPY for you and Larry. I have known you guys for about 12 years and I think Larry is probably one of the smartest people I have ever met. I thought if this man can't find a job, the economy must REEEELY be bad.

I'm glad a company finally recognized his talent and intelligence!!

·
Registered
557 Posts
Yaaaaay for both of you
It's great to see good people getting something much deserved

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Well sheeeeit now the other company wants to fly em' in to meet the big wigs! Apparently they really like Larry. Sooooo if they end up offering him the job, that'll be just nuts!
15k more is nice a high profile job is nice but moving......aww that'd SUCK!
I'm praying for a sign cause we just don't know what to do!
I could live w/ the apartment idea!
So it continues.......

1 - 20 of 20 Posts