Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
G

·
Hey Mike,
Yeah, we've taken it out twice now. The boat is everything we hoped it would be and then some. It gets up on plane easy and runs strong. We're still in the process of breaking in the new engine, so I haven't really hammered it yet. Turning 4000-4100 we saw 60-62 on the GPS and the ride is smooth. It also gives us more room for overnighting. It seems a little short on storage space, but we did pick up an enclosed head. I'm thinking of rigging some tall bins for the engine compartment to store things like folding chairs and beach toys.

On the down side, it needed a LOT of cleaning. The cockpit cover is just about worthless and the trailer will be getting stripped and repainted in the off season. We may be looking at an engine refresh then too. All in all we're pretty happy with it.

So what's the new boat going to be?? Hustler or AT??

·
Registered
18,824 Posts
Bill272's 336 was looking good !
nice boat bill

G

·
Thanks Eddie. Now if we don't get some warm weather soon, I may have to rethink not beaching at Gull. That water was painfully cold Saturday.

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Bill,

Good to hear it's working out for you. Don't know if you read my SOTW post over at OSO, but we rode on Joe Skrocki's boat this past weekend over in Grand Haven, and took a ride in dyno's 31 Sonic. The Admiral has decreed that the next boat will have twins and will be 30 ft or more (or at least damn close!).

Joe's boat is STRONG - the midrange is really something. If I had the cabbage, I'd look mighty hard at that boat; I'm kind of hoping that it doesn't sell for a while, maybe I can scrape together the cash
Of course, first thing I'd do is get it painted all white, then save for my Mitcher T paint job!

G

·
I did see that, that's why I asked about what's next. I've wondered if he would sell it faster if he just painted it. Nothing too extreme or expensive, maybe leave most of the graphics, but lose the name.

It sounds like you've got the go-ahead to be looking and for some, that's the hardest part. Good luck on the cover letter, too.

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
First place in our contest is a day of leisure - you get to sit back in the passenger bolster while I do the strenuous job of driving the living sh*t out of your boat all over the lake. Please have her washed, waxed, and gassed before I get there.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Mike,
Still there same well. If you got Sonic hots go into OSO and the posts may still be there for the 35' BN had for sale. Made me think a little. Actually there's an Apache out there with my name on it. I'm in the middle of a kitchen remodel. Probably could have sold the Fountain added the kitchen money and got the Apache.

Sounds like your weekend at Smoke was fun. We have one of our buildings in Muskegon and I stay at the Holiday Inn in Grand Haven. Thought about taking Diane and the boat with me sometime.
So are you looking seriously yet ? You haven't missed anything this season with the weather we're having.

ed

G

·
Wow, that's quite a prize. Since I never win anything, I must be due to win something, so I think I'm going to buy a lottery ticket instead...

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
Ed, I saw that Apache (I see all of them...). There's also a Cig Flat Deck, but it only goes low-mid 60's.

We need to redo our kitchen, too, but it can wait a while. We may try to scam some ideas from you & Diane next time we see you out.

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
We did the kitchen thing a year ago, that's why we have no boat! (well, not the *only* reason...)

We're in the looking but not serious stage right now; I have a couple of job leads, if one should pan out for the right amount of $, we could conceivably get back on the water this year. More likely next year though...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts