Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Bill
Have you resolved your issue with the outdrive hyd steering system you bought that would not fit on your boat? It was advertised it is for your exact application, then when you got it it was not. How did that turn out, or is it still pending ?

G

·
I emailed the guy and told him that his steering system was not the one he advertised and would not fit my boat. He countered and said that I didn't ask enough questions, like it was a game to find out that it would only fit a specific application with stand off boxes and for the other 98% of performance boats with twin bravos, the rams would be 12" too long. We left phone messages back and forth, but I told him I wasn't buying it. I did get an email a couple weeks later from another buyer asking why I didn't buy it. I told him and he had extension boxes and I think bought it. There was a post on OSO a month or so back asking about the seller because other people were complaining that he was misrepresenting parts and not sending them after the money was sent. I'm just glad I found out about the steering before I sent a check.

·
Registered
18,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i can't stand scammers like that ! he was totally fine selling you something you could not use, even though he described it in such a way that you could use it.
sounds like a person that i would not want to deal with in any aspects of life. glad you did not get the royal rear ending on the deal.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts