Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody ever been successful at concucting their own gue, or does anybody know of some kind a bionic super off? There not biting yet, but I know they will soon.

·
Premium Member
18,804 Posts
Shower once a day....lol J/K....

I dont get bothered by them as much as most, but any bug repellant will work. You should be wearing it anyway to ward off the West Nile mosquitos.

Mini

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Sometime black flies can be harder to deter than mosquitos. Use a repelant with a high concentration of DEET (Deep Woods Off, Cutters, etc.). Apply it often (every half hour to 45 minutes). Thats what we found worked on Yooper black flies. It should work real well on the wimpy black flies we have here below the bridge.

·
Registered
10,622 Posts
Type in search Black Flies, there's ton's of info. if i knew how to bring the site here i would... wear socks black flies like to attack the ankles... They can make you go insane..lol... And i find it to work fantastic to spray the underneath of the bill of your hat. That works great... Bugs Bugs Bugs man they really bug me at times... soon the fish flies will carry us away. h2o

1 - 4 of 4 Posts