Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted some input on this please.....I was married on the 15th of Aug.(Friday) and the reception hall never contacted us until Sunday evening.(8-17) They never provided any services for us and 190 guests who showed up. The contract reads that our money will NOT be refunded under these curcumstances..1 Riot 2War 3 An act of God. The blackout in my opinion was NOT an act of God. We paid the hall $6000.00 IN ADVANCE, the owner is offering to give us back $1500.00!!!! THIS IS B.S.!!!! I have a lawyer working on this now but my wife and I are nervous wrecks lately, we are not rich by any means and this HURTS!!!!! Sorry folks just need to vent. I will not mention the name of the hall unless it is allowable on this site. (not a sponsor of LSCN) Please let me know your feelings on this matter. Thank You All, Al
PS my e-mail is [email protected]

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
The FOX 2 Problem Solvers had a similar story last week. Long story short: the couple got a full refund.

I'd contact them.

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Total BS. You know there going to claim any food loses on there own insurance, so it's not like there losing. They are gaining though, the insurance money and your money paying for the same food. A**HOLES.

·
Registered
19,233 Posts
Sorry to hear this Uncle Al! Keep fighting them on this, do not give in. Stand your ground.

I hope you get every last cent back from them. What a bunch of b.s. from them...

·
Registered
4,832 Posts
keep fighting them like snow said call fox 2 news , and id also try BBB. id like to know what hall it was id tell everyone what they pulled just to give them bad P.R.
wouldnt think twice about not naming them

·
Premium Member
7,443 Posts
QUOTE(UNCLE AL @ Sep 3 2003, 08:55 AM)
Just wanted some input on this please.....I was married on the 15th of Aug.(Friday) and the reception hall never contacted us until Sunday evening.(8-17) They never provided any services for us and 190 guests who showed up. The contract reads that our money will NOT be refunded under these curcumstances..1 Riot 2War 3 An act of God. The blackout in my opinion was NOT an act of God. We paid the hall $6000.00 IN ADVANCE, the owner is offering to give us back $1500.00!!!! THIS IS B.S.!!!! I have a lawyer working on this now but my wife and I are nervous wrecks lately, we are not rich by any means and this HURTS!!!!! Sorry folks just need to vent. I will not mention the name of the hall unless it is allowable on this site. (not a sponsor of LSCN) Please let me know your feelings on this matter. Thank You All, Al
PS my e-mail is [email protected]
Permission granted to mention the name. Sounds like total BS. Good luck Uncle Al.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you all for the replies!!!
My wife has tried to contact problem solvers, Ruth to the rescue,hall of shame etc... left messages, haven't gotten replies yet. We are contacting the SCS Police dept. to see if we can picket in front of the hall,and not get arrested(the wife wearing her wedding dress with a picket sign). You want to knw the hall and the managers name? It is the Barrister House and the @sshole mgr. is Louie LaHood!!!(TheHood)My nerves are so shot I'm ready for a shot. Does any one know of any other receptions that did or did not happen due to the power outage? Keep the replies coming PLEASE!!! Thanks again everyone!!!!
AL

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
QUOTE(UNCLE AL @ Sep 3 2003, 10:55 AM)Does any one know of any other receptions that did or did not happen due to the power outage?
Just the one that the Problem Solvers covered.

·
Registered
19,233 Posts
Shouldn't the hall have insurance to cover any of their losses, if they have any? Were they preparing your dinner and drinks, too?

·
Registered
4,832 Posts
liquor doesnt go bad . and beer can stay on tap. id want to know what the heck they did with all of it. and the food they claim to have prepared. scammers

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yes, they were to provide food and drinks and prepared NOTHING, never tried to contact us either. My mother in law an 3 sister in laws spent most of the day on 8-14 (the day of the power outage) decoratig the hall with flowers, centerpieces etc.So on Sat. morning(8-16)after the wedding my MIL called the hall and spoke to someone there who said for her to get down there and get her "stuff" out of there because there was a party scheduled for the evening!!!!! Never did they say congratulations, offer an apology. an exuse..NOTHING. Totally NON-PROFESSIONAL, NON-BUSINESSLIKE....I think I'll have to go take a chill pill now or something.GRRRRRRRThanks for letting me vent.
AL

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
ohmygod!
i am so sorry to hear about that. I am getting married in two days and during the blackout i thought about all the couples who were supposed to be married- my heart goes out to you and your wife.
I called my the place where i am having my reception and asked what they did..i guess they were all set b/c they had 6 ck up generators to run the hall.
I wonder why Barrister House did not have generators?? I think that is total B.S. they are doing that to you. The power outage was not an act of God at all... haven't they been listening to the news?
I would do just what you are doing.. make as many phone calls as you can- don't give up. Please keep us posted.

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
QUOTE(John Maniaci @ Sep 3 2003, 10:20 AM)We should all show up to the Barrister house and party/picket in their parking lot until they pay you.....lol
I agree... or lets all call there and ask a million questions about having a reception there. ;-)

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
there are many insurance policies one can obtain...but i'd think that besides claiming a loss on food, the business can claim a loss on rent (their rent is the price you paid for the reception)...

·
Registered
4,832 Posts
toss all our non returnables in there parking lot or on there lawn. and bring that guy from gull island to poop on there door step l

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
QUOTE(bobrob20 @ Sep 3 2003, 11:24 AM)toss all our non returnables in there parking lot or on there lawn. and bring that guy from gull island to poop on there door step l

or ask cbj to stop by and poop!

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
manana2 Congratulations!!!!!! I wish you two all the love and happiness in the world. Even with all this chaos with the hall going on I couldn't be happier. My wife is also my best friend in the whole world and I love her with all my heart!!! I am just tired of watching her suffer through all of this.But like I said, they were totally NON-PROFESSIONAL, I heard other places rented generators to get everything up and running, not the Barrister House. Thanks and the best of luck to you and your husband to be manana!!!! AL

1 - 20 of 51 Posts