Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got to the boat yesterday with crew and turned the key to find that my starboard starter was wasted. I called Dave and he was there within 15 minutes. Since he didn't have one for my weird old counterrotaing conversion, I set out on a mission to find one. Within an hour of leaving Mac Ray I was on my way back with a working starter thanks to Bill's Suburban.... about the only place that was open. Blaz came back and got me running. All in all I was broken less than 3 hours. Thanks Dave!

FTR, yes I could have changed the starter myself but I was without the proper tools.

·
Registered
4,637 Posts
Good to hear Dave and kudos to Blaz for saving your day.

·
Registered
22,943 Posts
Cool!

Dave saved our maiden voyage day.

·
Premium Member
1,657 Posts
I had my weekend saved by the yard guys at Beacon Cove. I overheated friday on the way back from Muscamoot...Turns out I made the wrong choice by only changing the impeller on one engine this spring instead of both engines. The one I didnt change went bad and had to be changed. They pulled my boat out Saturday at 8 am, I changed the impeller while they left it on the trailer, and was back in the water by noon. I didnt think there was a chance of them pulling the boat for me on July 4th with it being so busy, but they did and it worked out great...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts