Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok this is the scoop. Capt. Mike and I ate at this awesome restaurant called Pearls in Elk Rapids (MI). They had a phenomenal Bloody Mary. They used a salsa mix it was sooooooooooooo
good.

My question is, where is the best place to get a really good Bloody Mary around here?

Those nasty little drinks with icky tomato juice with a limp piece of celery just do not cut it
. I hope you guys can help me out with this. Who am I kidding, this is about alcohol
!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE(Shandog @ Jun 5 2003, 02:51 PM)Steve's Bar!!!!

Really? That close to home? Are you sure?

·
Registered
18,824 Posts
crews in has a decent bloody mary, had many there before !

i make a killer bloody mary.... ( i think so hehe)

best ones i have ever had, frankenmuth, and myrtle beach

·
LSCN Sponsor
6,427 Posts
QUOTE(Shandog @ Jun 5 2003, 03:51 PM)Steve's Bar!!!!

Freshness and personal service are the key to our success!!

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
hmm bloody mary's sound good. i wasn't going to drink tonight but i might have to have one. we're heading up to pampa lanes/atomic dog tonight

·
Registered
18,824 Posts
QUOTE(INSTIGATOR @ Jun 5 2003, 03:12 PM)QUOTE(Shandog @ Jun 5 2003, 03:51 PM) Steve's Bar!!!!

plus it is ok to " DO IT" in the bathroom !!

what up steve-o-reno ?

·
Registered
18,824 Posts
QUOTE(INSTIGATOR @ Jun 5 2003, 03:16 PM)Heading up to LIFETIME to scare a few people, then off to Crews . . .
i am soooo sore today ! been hitting powerhouse @ 9 & vd after work...
have fun,..... i may stop in at crews inn later....

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
QUOTE(INSTIGATOR @ Jun 5 2003, 03:12 PM)QUOTE(Shandog @ Jun 5 2003, 03:51 PM) Steve's Bar!!!!

he he he

·
LSCN Sponsor
6,427 Posts
QUOTE(Fast~Eddie @ Jun 5 2003, 04:17 PM)QUOTE(INSTIGATOR @ Jun 5 2003, 03:16 PM) Heading up to LIFETIME to scare a few people, then off to Crews . . .
I've been taking it slow, like once a month or so, to avoid injury.

Hope to see you later!

·
Registered
8,011 Posts
QUOTE(Fast~Eddie @ Jun 5 2003, 04:17 PM)QUOTE(INSTIGATOR @ Jun 5 2003, 03:16 PM) Heading up to LIFETIME to scare a few people, then off to Crews . . .
I'd stay away from that whole VD thing if I were you.

·
Registered
4,286 Posts
QUOTE(Girlie @ Jun 5 2003, 03:50 PM)Ok this is the scoop. Capt. Mike and I ate at this awesome restaurant called Pearls in Elk Rapids (MI). They had a phenomenal Bloody Mary. They used a salsa mix it was sooooooooooooo
good.

My question is, where is the best place to get a really good Bloody Mary around here?

Those nasty little drinks with icky tomato juice with a limp piece of celery just do not cut it
. I hope you guys can help me out with this. Who am I kidding, this is about alcohol
!!!!!!!
afiremen's boat!!!!!

·
Registered
11,681 Posts
butcher's saloon in the eastern market was legendary for their saturday morning bloody mary's. since they are closed, i will depart with that deep secret otherwise known as : Butcher's Bloody Mary (note the very subtle double entendre)
rim glass in a mixture of kosher salt and celery salt
fill pint glass with ice
add one dash worchestershire
add one dash tabasco
add 1 1/2oz well vodka (we used kampatcha)
fill rest of glass with mrs. t bloody mary mix
add crisp celery stalk
top with pinch kosher salt, 3 shakes pepper, 1 shake celery salt, 1 shake garlic salt

there you go!

·
Registered
130 Posts
THE DOUBLE OLIVE IN DEARBORN AS WELL AS GROSSE POINT HAS A BLOODY MARY MARTINI....COMES WITH STUFFED OLIVES....MMMMMMMMMMM.......MAKES ME THIRSTY

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
Now I'm going to have to go make one. Thanks alot.

Luckily Boss bought some Mr. & Mrs. T's Spicy Mix yesterday.

Only thing is, I prefer a big dill pickle over celery.

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
Ahhhhh!

I added a little bit of cajun seasoning for kick.

·
Premium Member
11,184 Posts
I've found some places online that sell the salsa bloody mary mix.. I'll have to order up some of that.

The other thing that made the one from Pearl's was the bleu cheese stuffed pepper that took the place of the wimpy celery. The crayfish that was hanging off the side of it did little for me, but the meat from the tail was delish!

BRB to Elk Rapids!!!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts