Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since December I have been going to The Blue Goose on Wednesday nights for their open jam night. I've missed the last four in a row for various reasons.

Partially because the Black Fin in Royal oak has 2.00 pints of anything on tap (fancy beers included) as well as 1.50 hamburgers. I have a couple of friends that meet at the Black Fin every Wednesday and I'm invited tomorrow. I'm not a beer drinker, but sometimes I'll have 1 or 2 at the most of a Belgian or Blond. The Hamburgers are ok, but the buns are some weird bread. The scenery is infinitely better in Royal Oak.

The Blue Goose typically has a decent band for 1 set, then whomever wants to play, or the band keeps playing. Other than the music and the wait staff, it's not really my scene. The crowd is way older than I and it's too loud to socialize. I feel guilty because I haven't gone in a while and there is at least 1 or 2 people there that I would love to see and get caught up with. Also, the Cuban sandwich is great and it's close to my home.

The Goose will easily be a 20-30 dollar night, but close to home
The Fin will probably be a less than 10 dollar night, but far away

Maybe I'll see what band is playing tomorrow and then decide??????????????

·
Registered
11,047 Posts
I went to Black Finn for the first time a couple Fri's ago. Did not care for it at all.

Nice place - but way too crowded and not cheap. Prob a different story on a Wed though.

·
Registered
921 Posts
QUOTE(HazyMemory @ Sep 15 2009, 10:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Partially because the Black Fin in Royal oak has 2.00 pints of anything on tap (fancy beers included) as well as.......The scenery is infinitely better in Royal Oak.

x100
cheap beer and scenery; what's there to think about?

Wednesday's are cruiser bike night in RO so a little more of a mature crowd than the Thursday sportbike night.

tg.

·
Registered
3,013 Posts
QUOTE(Soo Sassy @ Sep 17 2009, 08:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(HazyMemory @ Sep 17 2009, 12:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>bored woth the black fn by 11, enede up at the bule goose to finish the night.

I'm sleepoy now

And obviously drunk

Glad I'm not like that.

Went to bike night last night, attendance was way down, must be too cold for some people. Ate at Lily's on Washington, excellent dinner and service. Where's the Black Fin?

·
Registered
11,047 Posts
QUOTE(wantsa311 @ Sep 17 2009, 08:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Soo Sassy @ Sep 17 2009, 08:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(HazyMemory @ Sep 17 2009, 12:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>bored woth the black fn by 11, enede up at the bule goose to finish the night.

I'm sleepoy now

And obviously drunk

Glad I'm not like that.

Went to bike night last night, attendance was way down, must be too cold for some people. Ate at Lily's on Washington, excellent dinner and service. Where's the Black Fin?

Main and 6th. (or maybe 7th)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts