Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is an article from the Cincinnati Post about a boat accident one of my co-workers was in. What the hell is wrong with people. We had the 2 incidents here last week and then I hear about this and I think people have lost the f'ing minds. I hope the article attaches OK, this is my first attempt at trying this.

Cincy Post

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Really big OOPS!!! This pisses me off that this a$$hole isn't in jail. He is a picture of a piece of the "debris" this jacka$$ hit.

Boat picture

Maybe the debris he saw was the people in the water after he hit them.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Kicked out of a bar, imagine that. I would say they are lucky to be alive. Is it me or does this kind of thing scare the hell out of you. I know that 99.9% of us are responsible and do actually give a $hit, but that 0.1% scares the hell out of me. He claims he didn't even know he hit them, which looking at the damage and injuries you wonder how he couldn't have. Given the recent incidents here and then hearing about this, it makes me wonder if I shouldn't head in when the sun starts going down. Maybe I am just paranoid. This is the last article I will post, promise.

Kentucky herald

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
QUOTE(FourWinns @ Jul 1 2003, 05:40 PM)Really big OOPS!!! This pisses me off that this a$$hole isn't in jail. He is a picture of a piece of the "debris" this jacka$$ hit.

Boat picture

Maybe the debris he saw was the people in the water after he hit them.
I was saying "oops" because I posted a question before reading everything.

Is that blood??

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
QUOTE(Snowmaker @ Jul 1 2003, 11:11 PM)I was saying "oops" because I posted a question before reading everything.

Is that blood??

I assume(even though I hate tooassume) that it is blood. From what I gather that picture doesn't capture the amount of blood spilled. The one guy's arm was almost severed, plus a couple of other people were pretty messed up. I just for the life of me cannot understand people's disregard for life. Maybe it is me, but with the incidents last week that we had and now this are hitting a little close to home and I cannot understand how people can just leave a scene like that knowing people are hurt. This clown says he thought he hit debris in the water, it was a f'ing 20 foot boat you jacka$$. I just don't understand people's disregard for life. I know everyone makes mistakes. His may have been driving his boat while drinking, maybe he was sober, who knows what was going through his little mind. But the point is, looking at the damage to that boat he cannot say he didn't know he hit something and that people may have been hurt. It just bothers me that these 3 incidents have made me question what the hell I am doing and making me question who is behind the wheel of the boats around me. Think about, I drive in rush hour traffic everyday just like everyone else, watching out for the idiots who are swerving in and out of traffic like switching lanes is really going to help. I go out on the water to releive stress and get away. I don't want to have to look around and be paranoid out there, because, remeber, it is suppose to be a get away. Maybe I am reading too much in too this, maybe I worry too much. OK, for now, I am done rambling.

·
Registered
6,838 Posts
There's do doubt this sucks but I have one question.

I know the Foutain was a large boat and it hit a smaller boat but by the looks of the 20ft boat there should be plenty of damage to the Foutain. How did he hit a boat and only break the skag? Wouldn't there of been a ton more damage to the boat?

·
Registered
954 Posts
I can only hope that all recover without permanent damage. This is ashamed and I would bet he was drunk. Why else would you leave after hitting people. They think the charges will be less but it's a felony to leave the scene of a accident among other charges. Floating debris my a$$ !! I think we all have hit debris in the water. Unless this guy hit a house floating in the water he knew what happened. IMHO

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I have read a few more articles about it and the articles state there was damage to the front of the boat and on one side, but no pictures. The skag picture was all I could find.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts