Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Go-Faster's especially, I wanna put a great wax on the bottom this year to let her slip and slide to the max this year. What do you use?

I read about a product that made the bottom slick, but claimed that there was a slight chance of discoloration in the gel after too many uses. Don't want that, so I'll stick with the old wax solution.

·
Registered
4,269 Posts
Just saw this after I posted in the thread about "new member looking for advice..."

I used Future floor wax (doin't have a painted hull). Is that weird?

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
QUOTE(Campari @ Mar 22 2003, 07:46 PM)Just saw this after I posted in the thread about "new member looking for advice..."

I used Future floor wax (doin't have a painted hull). Is that weird?
Not weird.

I had a buddy that used Jonhson floor wax (paste). He claimed that it held up well and aided in removing the slime at the end og the season.

·
Registered
2,886 Posts
Convincor,
Try SCAT wax. I can't use it because I am in rack storage and it's not allowed, but heard that stuff is awesome.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Your hull will still stain with Scatt applied if you stay in the water for a number of days or longer.

There is a difference of opinion regarding waxing a bottom vs. actully sanding a bottom and which give some speed improvement. Waxing actually may cause a more wetted surface area which becomes drag.
do a search over on Offshoreonly.com

ed

1 - 7 of 7 Posts