Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who do you guys recommend I call for a new canvas cover for our Liberator? Also, how much to these run? I just want to replace the fitted (snaps) cockpit cover. I'd really appreciated some feedback as I have no idea who to call. Thanks!!

Dave

p.s. I thought there was a topic about this a few months ago, but I could not find the post.

·
Registered
6,838 Posts
I had one done a few years back from Dockside Canvas. I believe there a little high in price and also took awhile to get it done but man was it nice when it was finnished. The cost was I believe $600 bucks and it was to the bottom of the windshield.

G

·
I had one done this year by Jeff at Aqua Seal Canvas (formerly Bayshore Canvas). I've also gone to Dockside to get estimates but never followed thru with them because they are so pricey. I have heard they do great work though...

·
Registered
612 Posts
Try Kent Sail Co on jefferson near the spillway. Ask for Tim Schwandt, I've known him for years, Great guy! I think they are having a discount promotion now. Tell him Dno sent you, He'll give you a great deal!

·
Registered
49 Posts
A friend of mine just had a 1988 26' Liberator re-covered for $750. It covers the windshield, and fits like a glove. They do the work out of their home in Algonac. Contact Sue at (810) 794-2218.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
QUOTE(Convincor @ Oct 14 2003, 09:53 AM)Loud,

How bout you get the motor working first!

Didn't see you out on the lake like I thought I would this year.

Yeah, no sh*t. Last day out was July 2nd. What a dissapointment. It took forever to get the rebuild going, once it was determined that is what was needed to get done. But on the flip side of that, was waiting for the insurance adjusters to take a look at everything, and fortunately they are picking up the tab - about $8k. I have to buy a new carb - roughly $500 - and that is all. So in that sense things worked out. Hopefully next year will pick up right where this summer ended for me.

Also, thanks for the help everyone - I really appreciate it.

·
Registered
353 Posts
I had canvas work done by Canvas Concepts in Algonac last year and they did a great job. I am going to get a quote from them on a mooring cover this winter. I'll also check out the peeps in this thread too!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts