Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
765 Posts
We looked at a boat this weekend and I need to look into insurance to get the whole plan in motion.

I was going to start by calling the insurance companies listed on LSCN. Please Help!!!!!!

(keep in mind we haven't decided on anything yet for those of you who know what we looked at)

·
Registered
8,011 Posts
You might have a difficult time insuring that boat due to what it is. Ask the current owner about where his insurance is through. I am insured through Seahorse Underwriters & StPaul @ 1-800-277-6698. They seem not to have issues with old, fast, big, boats

·
Premium Member
7,443 Posts
Try Eric from Fritsch-Kinney, Hammer is still gloating over the 400 bucks he saved from switching.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
QUOTE(pirlgirl @ Jun 15 2004, 09:52 AM)Would if you have a DUI (automobile)?
Will that effect your boat insurance rate?
When I got my new boat, my wife's liscense was suspended do to an unpaid ticket she forgot about. I had to write a letter to the insurance company stating that she will never drive the boat or they wouldn't insure it..

·
Registered
4,832 Posts
QUOTE(Capt'n Rob @ Jun 15 2004, 09:32 AM)Try Eric from Fritsch-Kinney, Hammer is still gloating over the 400 bucks he saved from switching.
ME TOO!! Fritz quoted me 125.00 less a year than boat U.S. policy is up in sept iam switching... Care full with boat U.S. after your boat is 5 years old they depreciate amount they will cover for repairs. But not your premiums.Plus Fritz added in towing .

·
Registered
530 Posts
if the boat's under 26' most homeowners will put it on as a rider. if not I got the best price from safeco(1/2 the price of boat us). I don't have the agents number right now but you can get it off their websight and his office is on I believe 11.5 and hoover in warren

·
Registered
3,095 Posts
I switched from Boat US insurance to Safeco this year. saved a few bucks, and get $500 towing included.. so don't have to pay even more to Boat US.

This is the agent I used. I used to use this guy for Allstate quite a few years ago before he switched.

(Craig Spindler)

Spindler & Company Inc
30009 Schoenherr Road
Warren, MI 48088
586-751-0100

ps. I think I called Fritsch-Kinney when I got my first boat, and for some reason they wouldn't insure me. I'm not positive why, but maybe it was because I was a new boat owner or something like that. but I had heard they have good rates...

·
Registered
15 Posts
If your boat costs more than your house?

Either it's a really hooked up boat/Like the one sitting at Sundog. Anyone know that story?

Or you live in a shack.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks everyone!
I'm still making calls. I'm sure we will be able to announce something within the next few weeks.

The next step-----have to look into marina's. Oh well that will be a future thread.

·
AKA gcalan
334 Posts
hey deb,

i have boatus and they're only $250/year for my boat.

tell us more about the boat you're looking at. have any pictures?

gus

ps: have you seen dave and dawn's new bambina?

·
Registered
7,842 Posts
Try STATE FARM they were the cheapest I have found and I'm a shop aholic !
Dennis Hannsinger 586 731-5556 they are right off M59 by M53. I don't have
my car insurance with them but for my boat it seems to be a bargain, good
credit and driving record has a lot to do with it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts