Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have always put my boat in at Metro Beach in the past. I was looking at the Hot Spots map and noticed a launch located at the end of Hall Rd. in Anchor Bay. This launch is closer to me and I would like to give it a try. What is the name of this launch? Also, any details such as launch fees, parking availability etc. Thanks much

Tom

·
Registered
795 Posts
That should be the Selfridge Boating Access site run by the DNR not sure what a daily permit is some thing around 4 to 6 dollars. Site opens at 4:00 am with a large parking lot and 6 to 8 slips to launch. You will be in a small canal that turns out into the lake

When you enter the lake DO NOT turn right that would lead you into the off limits area around selfridge air national guard base

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
mm that hot spots map is a good chart...map, dont know if you can call it a chart if it not supposed to be used for navigational purposes..either way its very helpful

the launch at the end of hall road is a DNR launch, so generally you have to pay 3-5 dollars to launch on a weekend, usually no-one is on site in on the weekday and you ge tin for free( not sure on this particular ramp ), an 8 lane blacktop ramp, loading pier, and large parking lot, and restrooms, the site is closed from 11 p.m. to 4 a.m., the ramp lets you out in anchor bay, and is almost driectly west of the first N. Channel marker

Another one you might consider is the Brandenburg Park DNR BAS, its right down the road on jefferson from the one at the end of hall road, its the same 8 lane blacktop ramp with restrooms, huge parking lot and fishing pier, and picnic area, and a park for the little ones...this one is a little further north on jefferson from hall road, and lets you out right after Anchor bay south of new baltimore, alomst straight west of grassy island

hope this helps a little

*man i must type slow you guys beat meto it lol

·
Registered
56 Posts
The Selfridge DNR launch is great. It does get real busy at times, but they do a pretty good job directing traffic. The cost is $4.00 daily, or $24.00 for an annual pass. The annual pass can be used for other DNR launches. I have seen some larger boats launch from Selfridge, so depth is not an issue. However, at Brandenburg it is. I live right across the street and tried to launch my 18 footer there last year, real shallow. You also have to deal with a lot of jet skis. The Selfridge Launch puts you right in the middle of where ever you want to go. If you launch at Metro your closer to the St. Clair Light and Gino's but a run to the North Channel seems out of the way. If you launch at Brandenburg you are close to the North Channel and Grass Island, but a run to Gull Island or Metro is a little far.

Finally, Selfridge is a great launch if you fish at night. The Selfridge Air Tower's light can be seen across the lake. It rotates like a light house and flashes green and white. It's a great help after a long day (and night) of walleye fishing.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
The Harley Ensign ramp is a nice one too. It`s at the end of S. River Road. Get the annual DNR boat access pass and your good at all the DNR ramps, which the Harley Ensign ramp is. It has quick access to the lake and is centrally located on the lake. There are some marinas and restuarants up river too. If I`m going to specifically fish Anchor Bay I use the Selfridge ramp.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts