Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,330 Posts
Alter Rd. Launch site is about as close to straight across from Peche Island as you can get. Go down Alter Rd., swing right up Riverside Blvd, and the parking lot is right there.

http://www.mapquest.com/maps?city=Detroit&...ss=100+Alter+Rd

The site is just down Riverside Blvd. a bit from the star on the map (didn't know a specific address).

The ramp is at the end of the parking lot. It's an easy ramp to launch, just about the right slope, long dock. But larger boats (over 20ft) may have trouble with the canal depth, which is very shallow. Taking the N canal is best for depth.

Rates start at $5 for small boats (up to 18ft, if I recall correctly). There's a drop box with envelopes, on which you put your license plate and in which you put the money.

·
Registered
3,330 Posts
QUOTE(bigwali @ Nov 6 2009, 07:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Wally Ranger @ Nov 6 2009, 05:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I believe Alter Rd. is always opened. Only low water or ice restricts launching.

Thanks, I have a 19' 6" Superfisherman. You think I can get thru there to the lake with it and my trolling motor?

Take the canal to the north, back toward Alter Rd, and you should be fine.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.