Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if they are going to open the launch at 9 mile and Jefferson this year? I was down there yesterday and it said closed to the public.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Last I heard it will never be open again. They are building condos. Can't fish off the pier either. I haven't gone by in two years, but when I used to go by it was always closed. I haven't seen it open in a long time. I'm sure you can call St. Clair Shores city hall or something and find out for sure

·
Registered
92 Posts
the launch site is complete and VERY nice but I believe there may be enviromental issues with Macomb County delaying the opening to the public.. The parking lot is like something from demolition world,,,YIKES!!

·
Registered
319 Posts
I don't know anything about condos, but underneath that lot is where all the drainage systems are for the east side. It goes down something like 4 stories, and they have been working on it the last few years with the new separate (rain,sewage) systems.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I called the St. Clair Shores parks office. They said it will be open this year but could not tell me exactly when. The bad thing is you have to be a resident to use it.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
It sure is a rip-off that it's county money that's paying for moving and refurbishing the launch and canal but only St. Clair Shores and Eastpointe residents can use it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts