Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Can someone post a chart for a visual of how to get to the Anchor Bay area, specifically Rose's Marine. I am not too familiar with that area, and I don't need any shallow water trouble. Leaving from South Channel Harsens Island Thanks.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE(Big Dog @ Jun 24 2009, 07:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Without knowing where you're leaving from maybe this will help:

http://www.marinecruiser.com/chart.html

click to zoom and pan with your mouse

Updated that, sorry......Thanks I have seen this before but never got into much detail with it.

·
Registered
22,943 Posts
Pretty sure there is a channel marked to get in there.

Can anyone confirm that?

·
Registered
10,039 Posts
QUOTE(Away Point @ Jun 24 2009, 08:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Pretty sure there is a channel marked to get in there.

Can anyone confirm that?

Not 100% sure but it's by lakenewbies~went there by dingy last time the second cut from her place.

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
If you head into Bouvier/Munchies, head for the Sandbar restaurant (yellow sea wall), the canal is to the right of that. I can draw you a quick visual if you give me a few. I would run up the south, down and out the north, cut out of the markers at Grassy, and as soon as you clear the shallow water you can head straight in the whole way.

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Make your way up the S. Channel to the N. Channel, then take the N. Channel down to the markers back out into the lake. At marker number 13 by Grassy Island, cut out next to the island, i run 0 degrees straight north on the compass from the number 13 marker, that will bring you through the cut right next to the island, once you pass the island, careful you keep a straight course out and not veer to the left it gets pretty shallow on the back side of Grassy, if you feel it getting shallow keep to your right a little bit more and you'll find the deeper water, if you have a depth sounder you can see the cut on the screen. Usually you can see the deeper water on a clear day, the water has been kind of cloudy the last couple days though not sure if it's any clearer today, but you should be able to see it once you are close to it. Head out about half way into the bay, then you can head straight to the canal at Rose. It should be around 90 degrees on the compass, give a or take a few, or if you see the yellow sea wall just head straight for it and the canal is off to the right a ways.

Attachments

·
Registered
10,039 Posts
Those are great directions unless he wants to venture out in the lake.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks Laguna for the pic's, that is most likely what I will do so we dont run into shallow water.

·
Registered
17,155 Posts
bobby...wish u were out here (munchies) yesterday...if you had seen the size of the beasts on the water...you wouldnt worry about depth.

we went thru the baltimore cut twice ydy....high water levels for sure.

and fisher bay is just a friggin blast ! You can ZOOOOOOM your heart out in there !

·
12,052 Posts
stay to the left when going in. SHALLOW to the right. Watch the water color. Canel is deep.

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts