Registered
8,011 Posts
Boat - $100.00 in gas
Bus - voluntary tip

Boat - a place to rest or sleep off the evenings happenings
bus - N/A

Boat - hassle of docking
Bus - someone else drives you right to the door

Boat - really really really late night (Cassie wants to go to church for a school field trip on Sunday)
Bus - moderately late night

Boat - a place to store food, beverages and clothes
Bus - will not be there

Boat - escape rout for un-forseen issues
Bus - will not be there

·
Premium Member
7,443 Posts
Boat definitely!!!! Creature comforts of home and new heaters. I'll be there by boat.

·
Registered
718 Posts
going by boat to Sunset marina...but we will probably cruise by Browns first to see whats going on, then on to Sunset. We'll catch the shuttle from there. PARTY

G

·
Al, what are you going to be doing to burn $100 in gas?? I'm figuring it's 9 miles to browns for us from the Clinton River, 18 RT at 1 mpg (probably not that bad since the run home will be at minimum planing speed) and we still have $70 left over for beer and drinks. It will be a long day on the boat and a cold and spooky ride home (I've heard too many stories of people grounding just outside the middle channel this year), but it was that way the last two years. Definitely boat for us...

Common sense stuff, but it doesn't hurt to post it anyway: For anyone else that will be leaving at night, if you have a GPS, mark points in the middle of the channel as you go in from the lake and follow them back out when you leave. If not, bring a spotlight. The channel markers have reflectors that shine bright when you hit them with a spotlight. Oh, and if you are looking for the buoys, don't shine other boats, bright lights will kill their night vision...

·
Registered
6,838 Posts
Or tie the boat up and ....in the words of the great Jay-Z after the party hit the after party and...after the after party hit the cabin party and

Ok so I switched hotel for cabin but I think it'll still work.

I know now all you older member can't stop singing Jay-Z.

·
Premium Member
18,804 Posts
QUOTE(rerun @ Oct 2 2003, 01:20 PM)Or tie the boat up and ....in the words of the great Jay-Z after the party hit the after party and...after the after party hit the cabin party and

Ok so I switched hotel for cabin but I think it'll still work.

I know now all you older member can't stop singing Jay-Z.

Was that directed at me youngin?

Mini

1 - 12 of 12 Posts