Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a boat ramp at nine mile road is it open if not where is one around there thanks

·
Registered
263 Posts
the closest ramp to there that i know of is at beacon cove marina, on jefferson, south of crocker. that is a decent launch, a little shallow, but aright. it is a dnr launch, so no fees if you have the pass, or $4 daily/$24 yearly. it is about a mile and a half south of metro beach. hope this helps. derrek

·
Registered
230 Posts
There used to be a boat ramp at the end of 9 Mile. However, they are doing construction and it is no longer in use. I believe there is still one at Miller Marina at 91/2 Mile & Jefferson. However, unless the rules have changed, you need to be a Eastpointe or St. Clair Shores resident. It's been a while since I've been in that area. If your residency is neither, then the ramp nitroderrek mentioned by Beacon Cove is the next closest public launch. Good luck

·
Registered
666 Posts
That is correct, you need to be a resident to use the SCS city ramps.

·
LSCN Sponsor
2,482 Posts
I've used this ramp 3-4 times in the past and am not a SCS resident. The signs do say that you need to be a SCS resident but if your driving by it doesn't hurt to check. I got to imagine they will except anyones money as the boating season starts slowing down. Of course things may be strickter since the last time I was there (2 years ago?).

·
Registered
230 Posts
It may depend on the attendent that's working, too. I used to live in Warren, but our taxes went to the East Detroit school district becasue we were right on the border. This enabled us to launch at 9 Mile (til they changed the rules). My neighbor used to launch at Miller Marina. We tried once and the guy said no. So like Alex said, you can try. Maybe you can, maybe not

1 - 6 of 6 Posts