Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if there are any places around that still rent boats for fishing? I keep my Boat at Sassy Marina in Algonac, so anything around there or down by Metro would be fine. My boat is a little to big to manuver around in tight spots.
Any help would be appreciated. My Father is spending the week-end with me and I would like to take him fishing. He's 87 years old and never fished on LSC.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Roy's Boat Harbor (I think it's on South River road) just before the Harley launch. His boats are sturdy and the motors run well and he has bait. He probably won't allow you to go more than a few miles in any direction.

·
Registered
10,622 Posts
Minnex on harsens island past browns nice place reasonable and bigger boats

·
Registered
224 Posts
Two places I always go mainly because there is no time limit when the boat needs to be in by is The Bridge on Jefferson just south of cotton road on the west side of jefferson & Schramms on the North Channel at the end of Anchor Bay Drive just past the DNR launch.

The Bridge is $40 for all day & Schramms is $50 for all day. If i'm going out, I don't want have to be in in 6 hours. Search the Yahoo yellow pages for boat rentals & these places should come up.

Decent boats with good motors. Plus both places are right in areas where there are fish everywhere.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Jimmy's is a great place to rent. Lots of fish in the area too. Last weekend guys were bringing in nice size smallies (20+ inches), perch, walleye, and rock bass. They are also one of the few bait places in the area that still have shiners.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks alot for all the responses. It's sounds like the weather is going to be great this week-end. I cantaste the fresh fish now.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts