Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having an overheating problem on my outboard does anyone know of a good and trust worthy boat repair shop?

Thank

·
Premium Member
3,916 Posts
What brand? I know an awesome Yamaha guy.

But first of all, are you at all mechanically inclined? When was your last water pump change? If it's been a while water pumps are cake to change and it'll save you about $400. Could also be as simple as poppet valves, or crud in your water jacket.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
QUOTE(esoxfly @ Jul 5 2009, 12:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>What brand? I know an awesome Yamaha guy.

But first of all, are you at all mechanically inclined? When was your last water pump change? If it's been a while water pumps are cake to change and it'll save you about $400. Could also be as simple as poppet valves, or crud in your water jacket.

I bought the boat this summer and I don't think any pumps have been checked recently. It's a 50 hp force 1989

·
Registered
15 Posts
Rose Marine in Algonac, excellent mechanic. I have used them on a few occasions and always believed I was treated fairly honestly.

·
Registered
526 Posts
I can reccommend ROSE MARINE in the marsh area, they aren't cheap, and there may be a wait, but they turned my 25 year old 50 hp merc into a very reliable good running motor that has served me excellent. I will warn you with a motor that age, you may need the seals replaced also, I would have them do a total inspection and get it all done at once. Good luck.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts