Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody know what big names will be at the Boat Sport Fishing show at Ford Field?

I already checked www.showspan.com

Dan

·
LSCN Sponsor
5,472 Posts
I'll be there.

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
DAN KIMMEL!!!

Get your tickets now! I expect standing room only. Kevin heard and decided he might as well not even show up anywhere around the same time!

I'll be sharing some of my all-time favorite stories such as the now hugely famous bass tournament angler brains contest where our best showed once and for all that bass tournament anglers are as smart as anyone... maybe smarter.

You remember! Bill Dance, Roland Martin and Orlando Wilson were invited to Harvard for a demonstration in supreme intelligence (smarts).

A panel of top scientists gathered for the chance to see the sheer brainpower in action (about 250 bp worth). After an amazing and dazzling display of wit, it all came down to one final question…. One final chance to break a brutal 3-way tie.

The three legendary anglers were each asked the question and given a chance to answer one at a time in alphabetic order (by date of birth).

The lead judge first asked beloved TV angler Bill Dance the final and exceedingly tough question, "Bill, what is 9 times 3?"

Bill pondered and pondered, and then blurted out, "I know! The answer is Tuesday!" The judge said, "I'm sorry Mr. Dance. That is incorrect."

He (or for you female board members - She) then turned to all-time BASS champion Roland Martin and asked him the same question, "Roland, what is 9 times 3?"

Roland was a study in concentration and mental fortitude. His face was screwed into absolute effort. Finally, Roland looked the judge in the eye with sheer triumph and shouted, "Broccoli! It's Broccoli!"

"Oh, that's not the right answer," the chief judge disappointedly replied. "Okay Mr. Wilson. You have the final chance to break the tie and claim the spot as the smartest bass tournament angler. Show the world what bass angler's are made of by answering this question correctly - what is 9 times 3?"

Orlando smiled confidently and quietly responded, "Easy. The correct answer is 27."

The judges cheered. Roland held his arms up. "That close! I was that close!" Bill slapped his forehead, "Knew it! Shoot!"

Excitedly, the lead judge asked, "Mr. Wilson, both Bill and Roland were unable to answer the question. How were you able to come up with the correct answer so fast?"

"Easy," says Orlando. "I just divided Broccoli by Tuesday."

Heck. By the Saturday of the Ford Field show, I might even have some original stories!

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
Okay. Seriously now. I heard Kim Stricker is the main bass pro speaker at Ford Field. Wayne Carpenter is listed too. That's all I've heard so far.

·
LSCN Sponsor
5,472 Posts
You Guy's don't want to come and listen to me talk about the only fish in the lake do you?? Muskie everything else is bait.
I will be talking to Adam Starr tomorrow and I'll try to find out all the speakers for the show and I will post them. Bob

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
Bob,
I'm going to beg people to catch more muskies. Sore mouth 'em so they leave my bass alone when I'm trying to get them in the net.

I never will forget though the tournament bass that yelled at ME to get the net after the third time the muskie had whacked him on the way in to my boat...

·
LSCN Sponsor
5,472 Posts
Thats when they nail them. You people get them up in their line of sight and they are in trouble and the Muskie know that SO Dinner time. The Muskie can't see them while they are on the bottom and they are safe there So it's your fault and you blame my Muslie. The last time I was out Gertrude came up and told me she was getting tired of the Bass chasing away her Sheaphead So she decided to chase some Bass.
Bob

·
Registered
91 Posts
Dan,
Heres the trick, when prefishing for bass in St.Clair if you get in a area that you know the bass are there but there also seems to be alot of muskies talk to some muskie fishermen, a couple days before the tournament give them the location to fish for the muskies and on tournament day you'll have less trouble with them. Did this a couple of times last year with a couple of guys that I work with and it worked great they caught 9 the evening before the tournament and the next day I never got bit off. And it seemed the bass were more aggressive.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts