Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally convinced my dad that his 16 foot Lund 40 horse motor is not big enough for St. Clair. He has agreed to purchase a new 1775 Lund Pro-V, the problem is fitting it in the garage. Its too wide for the single bay door and my mom is giving him a hard time about putting it on the two car side. Do you guys know of any indoor storage where we could pick up the boat at a moments notice and also there is good security? We haven't been able to find any indoor storage that will fit a boat 105 inches wide tire to tire by 21.5 feet long. If this is not an option do you guys have any outdoor storage you would recommend, but I think my dad is a little nervous about storing a $30,000 boat outside. Help!!! Thanks.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Eric,

I keep my boat at Jefferson Beach Marina and I have not had any problems. There is a launch right there that you can use. There are many other boats that are even more expensive than mine and your dad's. I have a 20' Champion Fishunter. This costs $450 for the season (May 15- Oct 15)

There are also many rack storage options where they put it up in indoor storage and take it down for you with 30 minutes notice. The only problem is they don't open until 8am. Therefore, you need to have them put it in the water the night before if you want to fish early. Those cost anywhere from $1000 to $1600 for the season.

I hope this helps.

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Desi,

Around 26 mile and Mound Road.

Slimshady,

What are the hours at the Jefferson Beach Marina?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Eric,
A freind of mine stores his boat here.

Storage USA:
586-463-7892

Im not sure how much they charge him,I know that he has 24 hour gate access.

hope this helps

·
Registered
94 Posts
You have access to your boat 24 hrs a day. You have a key to the ramp so you can use that at your own leisure as well.

There is not a gate, however, they do have a security guard. He is watching too, as he has made me show my sticker several times to prove that I actually owned the boat as I was hooking up to it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts