Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 128 Posts

·
Registered
9,003 Posts
don't invite other people on other peoples boats; unless it's a stripper or something it's usually rude to just show up with extra people.

Help out with lines, cleaning up, etc.

Call ahead and see if they need ice or anything

don't EXPECT to be a regular on somebody's boat... and always say thank you at the end.

don't get lost during the day and make people wait for you; cause they won'[email protected]! lol..

·
Registered
9,003 Posts
OHHHH!!! And perhaps the MOST ANNOYING ONE!

DON'T BE LATE FOR DEPARTURE TO THE LAKE!! You are irritating a whole group of people because you overslept or whatever reason...

·
LSCN Sponsor
6,427 Posts
Pauline!!!

You sure know how to tug on the heart strings of a long time Captain . . .

A-N-Y-T-I-M-E baaaby! You are ALWAYS welcome on the INSTIGATOR, or STEVE's BAR . . . VACATIONS???

·
Registered
9,003 Posts
Thanks steve!

It's a combination of owning my own boat and then being a boat huer for a couple years! Learned through experience!

·
Registered
6,661 Posts
take your daily $hit BEFORE you go on someone's boat...
don't ever poop in theirs

find a place to dispose of your monthly "materials" if aunt flow is visiting - never assume you can flush anything down there

bring cups for the drinks

bring ice ALWAYS

bring sunblock - dont mooch off the boat owners

ask if smoking is allowed on the boat b4 you light up

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
Feel free to bring food and drink, but here's a list of what's forbidden on our boat:
glass bottles (unless it's alcohol--we have a cabinet for that), chocolate, cheetos, anything that can be messy or could stain.

If we say we're going to Muscamoot or Gull, be aware you may have to get in the water. Bring a bathing suit and towel. Water shoes and sunscreen are a plus. Expect your hair will be messed up.

Goose is right about gas money. We don't usually take any if we're going out anyway.

It's good to be helpful, but ask first. Don't haul out the anchor if we're not ready for it. Don't be offended if Bill reties your knots--he does it with everyone.

Tell your kids not to touch the cool buttons on the dashboard.

Have fun and enjoy yourself.

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
If the whore breaks something on the boat, please inform the owner. Don't wait for them to find it and have to ask peope who did it. <_< If you did break something offer to get it repaired or replaced. Chances are they'll say don't worry about it accidents happen. But, let me tell you it is no fun to find something broken and not know what happened.

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
great post!

i'll be sure to follow the guidelines....

also....boat owners shouldn't be shy about asking for $$$, drinks, etc. if the visitor doesn't mention bringing anything or not enough of anything prior to departure.

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
QUOTE(Shandog @ Jun 4 2004, 01:15 PM)take your daily $hit BEFORE you go on someone's boat...
don't ever poop in theirs

ask if smoking is allowed on the boat b4 you light up
AAhhhh the woman of my dreams.

So, many times someone has crapped in my toilet and clogged it up.
Also, NO TAMPONS IN HEAD!!!! That is nasty when you have to take the toilet apart and fish out a tampon.

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
QUOTE(delsolcruz @ Jun 4 2004, 01:19 PM)also....boat owners shouldn't be shy about asking for $$$, drinks, etc. if the visitor doesn't mention bringing anything or not enough of anything prior to departure.
I'm usually embarassed to ask for anything.

·
Registered
11,681 Posts
great thread!!!
both entertaining AND informative!

freckles--'don't be offended if bill reties your knots!' too dang funny!

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
QUOTE(Jason R @ Jun 4 2004, 11:21 AM)QUOTE(delsolcruz @ Jun 4 2004, 01:19 PM)
also....boat owners shouldn't be shy about asking for $$$, drinks, etc. if the visitor doesn't mention bringing anything or not enough of anything prior to departure.
I'm usually embarassed to ask for anything.
many boat owners are too embarassed....

however, i've seen many people come aboard, whether they asked for a ride or were invited, and not bring a darn thing (except for themselves...and usually it's never enough)!

it's only respectable for the invitee to ask, but it doesn't always happen.

·
12,052 Posts
Great thread guys!!

I never used to accept gas money buy now since its $800. to fill my tank, I now accept.

Rerun and Patriot are always the best guests!!!

Only thing I can think to add is listen to the captain, NOT the people on the dock. When he wants the lines thrown, he'll let you know.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
If/when the boat gets stopped and the sheriff asks a question, every one keeps their mouth shut except for the captain.

·
Registered
4,832 Posts
QUOTE(delsolcruz @ Jun 4 2004, 12:19 PM)great post!

hmm you booted me off my own boat last weekend ..and made me stand on the dock while you put everything where YOU wanted it .. lol ,, Just messing with you i didnt mind.. your a good boat w>>>e.

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
QUOTE(bobrob @ Jun 4 2004, 12:30 PM)QUOTE(delsolcruz @ Jun 4 2004, 12:19 PM) great post!

hmm you booted me off my own boat last weekend ..and made me stand on the dock while you put everything where YOU wanted it .. lol ,, Just messing with you i didnt mind.. your a good boat w>>>e.
your liquor bottles didn't break; the potatoe chips were still in full-size pieces; and nothing ended up on the floor by the time we got to where we were going.

sorry...i'm anal about organization.....and i'm so used to that being "my job."

there's lots of changes this year...i have to adjust....especially since i'm now a guest.

1 - 20 of 128 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.