Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
last night to speed boats crashed 1 died around ten mile road...... thats why you wont find me out on a friday or saturday night during the summer

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
It's still early in the season. Wait until the weather gets hotter and the season progresses. It will just get more crazier and less people will use common sense.

·
Registered
958 Posts
Woohooo!!! That's just what I wanted to hear!!

I wish common sense was something that you could buy or give as a gift. It would make life so much better for everyone!

·
Registered
3,183 Posts
common sense is not so common anymore...hot weather, hot chicks, water, of course one would think you must add alcohol to have a good time. Only time I drink while fishing is if I'm out on a charter and someone else is driving! Still fun enough sober though.

·
Registered
13 Posts
i belive there was also an accident on land by someone coming out of harley ensign with boat in tow, stopped to get a large turtle out of the road and was hit by a 3rd time offender drunk driver couple nights ago that took off after hiting the 2 guys and leaving them on the side of the road.

·
Registered
3,633 Posts
Sure was crazy out there this morning. Lots of officials doing there duty. I hope they found that last body. When I came in at 11 there were divers in the water and multiple boats had the area shut down. I even seen a coastie boat down near the dumps search for debris. I seen one boat half sunk and a friend of ours who was out real early seen a donzi floating adrift with lots of damage.

It is unfortunate, I sure hope the victims were not fathers or else it would of made for one helluva bad day.

On a side note, I seen multiple dead heads floating that would rip your lower unit off. One of the logs was a good 10' long. Be careful out there everyone!

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
June 21, 2009

UPDATE: Body found in Lake St. Clair

Macomb County Sheriff Mark Hackel said rescue crews have recovered a body believed to be that of a boater who had been missing since about 1:30 a.m. following a boating crash.

The body was located about 1 p.m., he said.

Crews had been searching for nearly 12 hours for Thomas Albert Moravcik, 28, of Chesterfield Township.

He was on a power boat with his girlfriend when it collided with another boat carrying five people early this morning.

Hackel said the cause of the incident is under investigation. He didn't know how fast either boat was traveling.

Rescue crews responded to the scene and were able to rescue six of the boaters, he said.

Moravcik's girlfriend and two other boaters were taken to St. John Hospital in Detroit. Hackel said the missing man's girlfriend suffered serious injuries; he didn't know the extent of the injuries to the other boaters.

The operator of the boat carrying five people called 911 to report the crash, he said.

None of the boaters were wearing life vests.

An update on the hospitalized boaters' conditions was not available.

·
Registered
525 Posts
so sad of a deal. there was a past post on alchol related threads and booze on boats. its so sad to see this constantly pushed to the forefront. i feel bad for family and friends

·
Registered
183 Posts
Tragedy for sure. We saw the sheriff and marine salvage towing a sunken boat into crocker yesterday around noon. Not sure if it was from the same accident.

Attachments

·
Registered
10,039 Posts
QUOTE(scottp @ Jun 22 2009, 07:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Tragedy for sure. We saw the sheriff and marine salvage towing a sunken boat into crocker yesterday around noon. Not sure if it was from the same accident.

That is the boat I saw pretty much smashed from transom to bow.

Prayers for the family

·
Registered
4,278 Posts
I figured they must have found him because after getting off the water with RJT I went back out with my FIL in the afternoon and the Sherrif's and Coasties were gone. This happens every year. So sad especially for the young kids father. Prayers sent to the family.

·
Premium Member
16,460 Posts
Never something you want to see or hear. Just be prepared, more to come by this weekend

Jobbieloser always brings the best out of amateurs.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Update:

June 22, 2009

Man killed in boat crash identified

The body recovered in Lake St. Clair following a collision between two boats early Sunday morning has been positively identified as Thomas Albert Moravcik, 28, of Chesterfield.

Moravcik was the operator of one of the boats, which also carried his girlfriend. Macomb County Sheriff Mark Hackel said she was seriously injured.

Hackel had no updates this morning on the condition of any of the four boaters who were taken to St. John Hospital in Detroit with injuries from the incident.

The Times Herald previously incorrectly reported that three boaters were hospitalized.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

·
Registered
71 Posts
QUOTE(Big Dog @ Jun 22 2009, 11:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(makowish @ Jun 22 2009, 11:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Never something you want to see or hear. Just be prepared, more to come by this weekend

Jobbieloser always brings the best out of amateurs.

, I love it!

Back 10 years ago Jobbie Nooner was pretty fun to go to, now too many punks, a lot of fights and just a lot of BS to deal with. I haven't been in 5 years now, it just seems in the last few years a lot more assclowns are out on the water.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm the father of one of the victims which was in the accident. They were all friends and have been on the water for some years. Accidents happen, and they all lost a great friend. There was alot of quick thinking there that nite to save those in the water. And as a father of one of the girls in the water that nite, it's a call you don't want to get. Personally I knew everyone involved and it's a true tragity, something each one of them will never forget the rest of there lives. My advise to all as was done that nite was, don't go on the lake after dark. Even the best can be in the wrong spot at the wrong time.

·
Premium Member
18,804 Posts
QUOTE(rch52 @ Jun 22 2009, 10:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I'm the father of one of the victims which was in the accident. They were all friends and have been on the water for some years. Accidents happen, and they all lost a great friend. There was alot of quick thinking there that nite to save those in the water. And as a father of one of the girls in the water that nite, it's a call you don't want to get. Personally I knew everyone involved and it's a true tragity, something each one of them will never forget the rest of there lives. My advise to all as was done that nite was, don't go on the lake after dark. Even the best can be in the wrong spot at the wrong time.

Sorry that you had to get the call. My condolences to your daughter for the loss of her friend. I hope she is ok.

I agree with avoiding the lake at night as strange things seem to happen to VERY experienced boaters out there. You can never be too safe.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts