Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Ok, so I am having trouble as a new member learning this silly computer. Now you understand why they give me a secretary at work. As I was trying to say, it has been a very sad weekend for the Hella's, as B&B went to get winterized. You see Oct. 1st opens bow season, and when the bow comes out, the boat goes in. Any LSCN members boaters by summer and hunters by winter? And please, do not ask me about my husbands blind, complete with heat, 15 feet off the ground, windows and a funnel to pee down! Ha-ha, Bandais

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
Went out yesterday morning for opening day didn`t see any bucks saw a few does but I won`t shoot a doe until later in the season if I don`t get a buck.Yesterday evening (very windy) I saw two real nice 8 pointers but they were really spooked becuase of the wind and didn`t come in but it`s only a matter of time.Where do you hunt??

·
12,052 Posts
My hunting is usually during boating season. You know......the moot, or Metro, any place for boat hoes.

·
Registered
19,233 Posts
Hey B&B!!!! I don't hunt, but there are some deer around here you can get rid of
I'm gonna be peeved if another jumps on one of our vehicles <_< Come on over, you know where I'm at!!!!
Target practice.

·
Premium Member
5,162 Posts
I was out opening day and didn't see a thing for the first time in a long time. <_< Could've been worse though, I could've been at work instead!

Hunting season is the best time of the year!

If I could bottle the feeling I get when I shoot a big buck, I'll bet I could make a million dollars selling it.

B&B, your husbands blind sounds like the one I plan on building when I find that perfect spot! Why not? Just because I'm hunting, doesn't mean I can't be comfy at the same time

WHAC 'EM AND STACK 'EM BABY!!!

·
Registered
331 Posts
Still got venison left from last year, but will be gone after next weekend. Looking forward to filling up the freezer again. Don't know if I'll be able to make it out for Bow though. Kinda mad about that... Oh, well there's always firearm...........

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Couldn't get off work for the opener but heading up to Manistee County tonight. Will let you know how we do when we get back. Saw lots of signs and the beginnings of a few good rubs when scouting two weeks ago. Set up two tree stands and taking up a third up. I think I've got buck fever and I haven't even seen one yet this season.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
I didn't make it out Wed. because it was my last day of softball.
Thursday evening I saw two bucks and about 6 does.
Nothing close enough to shoot at.
Firday evening I didn't see a thing. Not even a bunny.
Real wet and windy, really sucked.
I'll be back out there Monday!

NoCode

·
Registered
380 Posts
Anyone have a bullet wizz over the top of you???

Every November 15th (Opening Day for Rifle) since age 16, I have sat and paitiently waited for my buck to come along. Hasn't yet.... BUT last year I got to experience a bullet fly over my head....
must say that scared the $HIT out of me!!

Anyone else have this happen?

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
In the blind for 12 hours this weekend. Saw 7 does, 1 4-point buck and three fawns. Didn't try for any. All to far to risk a shot. Back up next weekend.

·
Registered
790 Posts
This has always been a problem for me. I am not ready to be done using the boat but the time has come to sit in a tree so with a heavy heart I winterize the boat and put it away just before October.

I was in Midland County over the weekend and I killed a 5 point on Friday evening during the downpour.

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
QUOTE(Scubajay @ Oct 6 2003, 07:57 AM)This has always been a problem for me. I am not ready to be done using the boat but the time has come to sit in a tree so with a heavy heart I winterize the boat and put it away just before October.

I was in Midland County over the weekend and I killed a 5 point on Friday evening during the downpour.
Congrats!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts