Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tonight...Partly cloudy during the evening. Clear overnight. Record lows 38 to 42...except 44 to 48 near lake st clair. Northeast winds 5 to 10 mph...becoming light and variable.

Tuesday...Sunny. Highs 74 to 78. Light and variable winds.

Tuesday Night...Clear. Near record lows 44 to 48...except 50 to 54 near lake st clair. Light and variable winds.

I am excited, I will be out in the morning to give the Laguna a nice bath, and heading out on the water. I've got at least five hours of cruising to break in a new lower unit, no faster than 3,000 RPMs. That's okay, I prefer slow cruising anyway. Plan A: Wash the boat, see how far up the St. Clair River I get in five hours at 2500 RPMs. Turn around, come back on plane and drop anchor in Fisher Bay for a sunset and grill some italian sausages on board.
Plan B: Slow cruise around the flats for the day, drop anchor in the Baltimore, set up the grill and watch the sun set.
We'll see which way the compass wants to point tomorrow

I know one thing...I will need more than a sweatshirt for the ride back once the sun sinks into the water, 50 degrees! Not many oppurtunities left for sunset cruises, however, the weeks are passing by fast.

Praying for an indian summer in October.

·
Registered
15,073 Posts
QUOTE(Laguna @ Sep 1 2009, 01:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Plan A: Wash the boat, see how far up the St. Clair River I get in five hours at 2500 RPMs.

Well it's about 35 miles (give or take a bit) up the river. I only do about 8 MPH at 2500RPM. Subtract the current of the river and you are looking at moving forward at around 4 to 6 MPH. That would be a long ride. But its a pretty day for it.

·
Registered
22,946 Posts
QUOTE(bouttime1 @ Sep 1 2009, 03:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>AP... Are those clouds on the horizon or icebergs...

That was an AWESOME day. Clouds over land, and none over the water. As it should be!

So, whats the story Laguna? Everything work okay, and is now nearly broken-in????

Sure was a nice day!!!

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Laguna is running good. Got a little bit later start than I had planned. Got out around lunch time and I spent about 2.5 hours scrubbing the boat and doing all the fish boxes and under all of the deck hatches. Once the boat was clean to my liking, I made a nice small cruise over to the end of the Baltimore cut, rafted up with my parents boat and grilled some kielbasa dogs. Broke loose and came back down the sni to NCYC for a cocktail. Headed out of there and went back down the Sni to watch the sunset in the flats. Dropped anchor in one of my favorite spots between Fisher Bay and the Sni and watched the sun dip into the water, enjoyed the rest of the evening and had a nice cruise back, got back to the dock about 9:15-9:30. I'd say total only put on about 2 hours of run time, figure an hour run time back from the shop the other day, so about 2 more hours to go to break in the lower unit...Can't complain, it gives me an excuse to get out there and slow down a little bit.

·
Registered
22,946 Posts
Weekday boating is the best!

Well, weekend boating is awesome too.

But then again, the best boating days are the ones where you'll be boating again tomorrow!

·
Vendor
12,828 Posts
I am out in PA this week and when I took off out of Detroit Metro on Monday we flew to the south of LSC and I had the most beautiful view of the lake. It was so clear and I could make out every detail of the flats. Mitchells bay was real close. Then over Lake Erie was good too. Got into some cloud cover though and did not see PIB. Cannot wait to come home and get back out there for the Labor Day Weekend boating.

·
Premium Member
21,452 Posts
QUOTE(Convincor @ Sep 2 2009, 07:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I am out in PA this week and when I took off out of Detroit Metro on Monday we flew to the south of LSC and I had the most beautiful view of the lake. It was so clear and I could make out every detail of the flats. Mitchells bay was real close. Then over Lake Erie was good too. Got into some cloud cover though and did not see PIB. Cannot wait to come home and get back out there for the Labor Day Weekend boating.

Did ya get pics??

·
Registered
11,047 Posts
QUOTE(Soo Sassy @ Sep 2 2009, 09:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Convincor @ Sep 2 2009, 07:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I am out in PA this week and when I took off out of Detroit Metro on Monday we flew to the south of LSC and I had the most beautiful view of the lake. It was so clear and I could make out every detail of the flats. Mitchells bay was real close. Then over Lake Erie was good too. Got into some cloud cover though and did not see PIB. Cannot wait to come home and get back out there for the Labor Day Weekend boating.

Did ya get pics??

I've done that so many times flying and I never get a pic. One of the best was coming from Europe and flying in from the North over the lake!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.