Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know how and where you can get an I-68 to go into Canadian waters via boat?

·
Registered
4,663 Posts
Thanks for putting this thread out Moneyshot!

Big Tree and Jewel's needs to find out this info too! Anyone, Anyone!!

TTT

G

·
Don't go to Canada if you have alchohol in your boat.

Go to Lake Discussion. There is a lot of talk over there about the I-68 crap. <_<

·
Registered
165 Posts
Have to go to the INS office in Detroit in person, think you need birth certs and photo ids for all applicants from the same family. Instigator knows the drill, we should check with him.

Don't need the form to GO to Canada; you are supposed to have it when returning to the US, if you should happen to be stopped by the Coast Guardies... <_<

When you get to Canada, you call a phone number to report. The marinas all know the number. If you come by car, of course you just go through Customs at the checkpoint.

I68 link

I68 link #2

Here's the link for the local office locations:
Local INS

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Convincor!
I read up on it in the Lake Discussion. Sounds like fun

C~Girl, you are Canadian, you should call your people and find out about the exact alcohol laws pertaining to boats. In 98 we ran through Crystal Bay, on our way to Put-in-Bay, and we got a ticket. I think Jewels & Big Tree were with us. I thought it was something like, no open containers unless the boat is anchored and has a pump out head, or the boat doesn't have a pump out head but is tied up to one that does. I do believe that you don't need a shirt though (boys or girls)!

·
Registered
4,663 Posts
Big Tree~ you need my Birth Certificate? Mmmmm....now were did I put that darn piece of paper?

·
Registered
165 Posts
Just talked to INS field office - all adults and kids 14+ must appear IN PERSON for fingerprinting and id confirmation.

In addition, need birth certificates, official photo id (adults), AND 3 color passport size photos (adults and kids 14+).

The INS rep said they can complete while you wait. BTW, checks or money orders, appears they don't take cash???

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
QUOTE(BigTree @ Jul 16 2003, 08:59 AM)Just talked to INS field office - all adults and kids 14+ must appear IN PERSON for fingerprinting and id confirmation.

In addition, need birth certificates, official photo id (adults), AND 3 color passport size photos (adults and kids 14+).

The INS rep said they can complete while you wait. BTW, checks or money orders, appears they don't take cash???
LOL, they take cash, just no debit or credit cards.

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Instigator....we (me & DD) need your expertise.
What is the easiest way to get this thing?

·
Registered
4,286 Posts
Get three 1x1 pics of each of you and bring birth certs. to any boarder crossing and they will do it

·
Registered
4,286 Posts
I went to the crossing in marine city and got mine this year

·
LSCN Sponsor
6,427 Posts
QUOTE(MONEYSHOT @ Jul 16 2003, 09:55 AM)Instigator....we (me & DD) need your expertise.
What is the easiest way to get this thing?
Gooooood morning!
The EASIEST is the way I'm going . . . by car!
Otherwise, BIGTREE's got it down. There is (was?) an office in Algonac, so that should be more accessible.
Honestly, I've gone through that whole routine every year & NOT ONCE had it asked for!
This year, I've been to the Thames, Belle River and Leamington by boat. When I called in, all they asked was my boat's MC#'s. On your boats first visit, they do the whole checklist of questions. After that, each time you call they just ask the usual: alchohol, tobacco, firearms, etc . . .

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
I got mine in Algonac this year.

Remember you don't need it to come to Canada, just to get back into your own country you could be asked for it.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts