Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While on my way to jobbie 9:30 am A go fast cut behind me
10 ft AWAY scared the cramp out of me.............

Then on the way back to crocker launch.............7 pm
Had 3 guys in a 20 ft fishing boat (A-HOLES).

They were on my port side...hauling a$$ one guy was about
to pass out (heading to what looked like metro)
and if I didn't go neutral WE WOLUD HAVE COLLIDED.

Then I really CRAPED MY PANTS. Couldn't even get the mc numbers
drove the rest of the way home SHAKING.

·
Registered
19,233 Posts
When I had my cruiser.....i had many close encounters by dumb-dumbs...but, in our jet boat; we have actually and truly had freakin' punk @$$ drunks try to hit us. We encountered 2 hot rod boats with very young captains and passengers give us a chase down, with both vessels aimed at us (coming within 20 feet of us)....too bad they hadn't realized we can nail it and be up to 60 mph's in nothing flat. It was the only way we lost them. These dumb @$$s are the reason patrol on the lake is up....thank each and every one of them.

p.s. I must add.....sometimes we all make mistakes or miss another vessel out of the corner of our eye...poo happens, but when someone does something intentionally or not and does not care other than flipping off the middle finger, then it is a problem. It's a fine line......but I wish the ones that did not care would go to bleep.

·
Registered
22,943 Posts
That sucks! I hate that!

I'd like to have a device which kills the ignition of anyone entering a 200' radius!

I had a slow-speed one of those yesterday with a string of 4 sailboats. We were drifting about 5-7 miles from shore. 3 of the 4 were under power. Rather than alter their course even slightly, they passed by me far closer then I'm sure they'd like if the roles were reversed. First one was about 50' away, and the last one passed by at 15'. Certainly not scary like your incidents Ralph, but still WTF moments.

·
Registered
5,799 Posts
QUOTE(chewy62 @ Jun 28 2009, 09:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>1st one happened about 1/2 way across the lake.

I was just wondering if you were the guy that flipped me off
. A friend of mine and myself were taking off in our boats from in front of Mac & Ray's to Gull Island going roughly about 60-65 mph. We were about 100 yards from each other. This guy in a 23' cruiser style fishing boat that was at just leaving a fishing spot turns and starts heading right at us. We were far enough away that he could have turned or whatever. He did not have the right away until he turned right at us. At that point he would have ended up right between the both of us and I was coming to his right. I veered to the right and he kept veering right at me. We passed this guy and had roguhly about 25 yards when we passed him. He had enough time to leave the steering wheel and run over to the side of the boat, jump up and down yelling and flipped me off.

I was doing everything according to the boater safety class to avoid this jacka$$. Why did he keep veering? What kind of point was he trying to prove? All I know is I did everything according to the book, this guy had some sort of grudge and was extremely upset and we all had a nice day

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
On Saturday we had a "go fast" type boat come up behind us on a angle on the port side heading right towards my sisters boat. When it was about 15 feet away it straighten up and went along side us and then cut across our bow. It was pure insanity!

·
Registered
15,073 Posts
Knock wood, we haven't had anything that close. And I'm glad to see the Sheriff on the water more. Saturday and Sunday both they went into the MacRay canal. Didn't anybody coming in hot either day.

·
Registered
5,799 Posts
I would just like to find that guy and explain to him the right of way laws. No harm done, just didn't understand why he was so upset for something he did wrong. I forgot to add he ended up right between both of our boats within 50 yards of the other boat and 25 yards of mine.

·
Registered
3,638 Posts
I did that to someone yesterday. A jetboat crossing from my left to right, he didn't even look, didn't see me. I backed off to avoid a collision, then passed pretty close behind him. It was a lot more than 10 feet, but if someone did it to me without me seeing them it would have been too close for comfort. That was kind of the idea, I wanted to get his attention so he'd pay more attention to the next guy he almost hits. Don't think it even fazed him. He probably still didn't notice.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.