Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bob, I have wondered this and you being very knowledgable about muskie and this lake, I have a few questions for you?

1) about what year did C&R for muskie start on LSC?
2) Did you know one guy or club that was responsible for starting it or getting the word out?
3) when did you start C&R?
4) and what was the technique when they started C&R? (livewells weren't around that size, torpedo? swim them? release in the water without boating?)

just curious, the c&R of muskie has really made this lake a great fishery. We have a true biological food chain.

My tip: go have lunch with Bob some time. He has a ton of info and makes a darn good bucktail.

·
Registered
6,969 Posts
QUOTE(Big Dog @ Jul 22 2009, 12:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Bob and I need to do lunch soon

Be sure to bring extra money to cover Bob's lunch as he has a habit of passing the check when it comes to the table.

·
Registered
28,072 Posts
QUOTE(Zib @ Jul 22 2009, 01:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Big Dog @ Jul 22 2009, 12:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Bob and I need to do lunch soon

Be sure to bring extra money to cover Bob's lunch as he has a habit of passing the check when it comes to the table.

When Bob and I finally get together for lunch it will be my treat. The wisdom and stories are easily worth the price of lunch

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
QUOTE(Woody95 @ Jul 22 2009, 12:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Bob, I have wondered this and you being very knowledgable about muskie and this lake, I have a few questions for you?

1) about what year did C&R for muskie start on LSC?
2) Did you know one guy or club that was responsible for starting it or getting the word out?
3) when did you start C&R?
4) and what was the technique when they started C&R? (livewells weren't around that size, torpedo? swim them? release in the water without boating?)

just curious, the c&R of muskie has really made this lake a great fishery. We have a true biological food chain.

My tip: go have lunch with Bob some time. He has a ton of info and makes a darn good bucktail.

Some have always practiced C&R. Not all fish caught back when were kept.

Bob should be able to give you a good history lesson. After all his neighbors were Adam and Eve!!!

How was fishing today Bob?

Did you get your lights to work correctly yet?

·
LSCN Sponsor
5,472 Posts
Tough question as catch and release was a gradual thing. My last kill was in 1975 so that is when I started C&R. We had a good sized Muskie Inc Chapter here once (Wolverine Chapter} ( 1981) and that sort of started some of it. MOMC got into the act soon after. I think the mid 80s was the last years that so many Muskie were taken to the weight station. All I have researched from the Clubs books are the steady weight gain of fish caught in the last thirty years.

Back when I trolled and I did. I always stopped the boat and fought the fish and worked her in the water until she swam away. Some do the torpedo and a lot of the smaller boats can release in the water. Catch and release is a good thing overall.

I like your tip.

Zib I don't pass it I just never pick it up.

Mike I had a thing for Eve but a voice told me to wait for a few thousand years for Barb. Lol

Good Fishing All. Bob

·
LSCN Sponsor
5,472 Posts
All the lights work Mike except for the flood and I think the speedometer is out of wack.

·
Vendor
539 Posts
QUOTE(Zib @ Jul 22 2009, 01:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Big Dog @ Jul 22 2009, 12:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Bob and I need to do lunch soon

He bought my oatmeal once lol..even when I was late........ooohhhh Im sure Ill get a phone call on that one lol

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
QUOTE(muskiebobsr @ Jul 22 2009, 06:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>All the lights work Mike except for the flood and I think the speedometer is out of wack.

Bob don't worry about the speedo. You got a gps for that? Flood light- unless you plan on going in the dark, put off till later. Git that boat in the water!!!!! If not, I buy it off you for double what you paid.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts