Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
AKA gcalan
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone checked out the boblo boat this season?

it's really getting to a point where it's going to be hard to salvage it.

sad.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
I hear it was purchased by someone out of state and they are moving it to the hudson river...at least one of them.

I know one was called the St. Clair and I can't remember the other ones name.

I believe it's the St. Clair that will be going to the Hudson.

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
I seen it on the way to Put In Bay this year it really did look
I remember going on it when I was a kid what a great time!!
I`ll bet half the people in here have never been on it.

·
AKA gcalan
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the two boblo boats that i know of are the columbia and the st. clair.

one is in toledo being refitted and the other is in a channel near zug isl. rotting.

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
I loved the Boblo boat. I remember they had music and dancing on it. It was a blast......they used to pick us up in Wyandotte at Bishop Park.

·
Registered
19,233 Posts
QUOTE(btenn @ Aug 21 2003, 02:50 PM)I`ll bet half the people in here have never been on it.
Well, you know I'm old enough to have been on it! <_<
Great memories....My girls would love it!

They used to use it for cruises or something.......I remember we won tickets and went on for a night ride.....Had a blast. Everybody was drinking and dancing. Actually ran into people I grew up with on it that night..

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
I remember looking down the center of the ships, so you could see the pistons and crankshaft working. They were huge to a little kid.

·
Registered
46 Posts
The columbia is the one rotting out by zug isle. we went in for a closer look and it is really bad,
looks like a ghost ship

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
I heard that the owner of the island wanted to buy it but I think someone else did. I hear he was going to bring it back to the island and fix her up, make it a restaurant type of thing to keep its history.But like I said I don't know for sure.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts