·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fishermen Find Body In Local River
Sheriff's Department Says Victim's Sex Is Unidentifiable

POSTED: 11:12 a.m. EDT October 8, 2003
UPDATED: 11:21 a.m. EDT October 8, 2003

A body was reportedly found floating in the St. Clair River by two fishermen Tuesday.

The partially clothed and decomposed body was recovered in the middle channel of the river in Clay Township, according to the St. Clair County Sheriff's Department. The body is unidentifiable as male or female, according to the department.

The Sheriff's Department said it appeared as though the body had surfaced after a significant time submerged in the river.

An autopsy is scheduled to be performed by the St. Clair County medical examiner.

The Sheriff's Department detective bureau is investigating the case.

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
That would just be FREAKY!

Which of the boating accidents/incidents this past summer had a missing person reported?

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I DON`T RECALL ANY STILL MISSING .

BUT I WONDER IF THOSE FISHERMEN MEMBERS HERE ????

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
QUOTE(rfdeiter @ Oct 8 2003, 01:00 PM)St. Clair County Sherriff believes the body has been submerged since the summer of 2002.
Ew.

I wonder how many more are still down there.

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
MAKES YOU WONDER ABOUT YOUR NEXT JUMP IN. HUH???

I SURE WOULD HATE TO JUMP IN AND LAND ON THAT??? I PREFER MY SWIMMING BUDDY TO BE ALIVE, AT LEAST WHEN WE START TO SWIM.

ANYBODY EVER FIND ONE THEMSELF OR SEEN ONE AFTER THEY FOUND IT . I SAW WHEN AT DECKERS ONE TIME WHEN THEY PULLED IT OUT

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
I worked Security on the BobLo boats (worked both of them) the last 3 years they ran. Was my second year and we all were joking about bodies in the Detroit River when I looked over and there was one floating face down. Had been shot in the head about 3 days before and apparently dumped. Never found out anything more. Needless to say, we were late for the Island arrival.

·
Registered
954 Posts
This was found yesterday afternoon. No one is on the missing persons list. more to known after the autopsy which I think is today.

·
Registered
18,824 Posts
DiMasaras LOL !

rfdieter ! in da house !

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Yuck!!! How horrible for the family that has to be disturbing!!!!

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
QUOTE(Girlie @ Oct 8 2003, 11:32 PM)Yuck!!! How horrible for the family that has to be disturbing!!!!
Did they determine an I.D. yet?

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
QUOTE(Gary864 @ Oct 9 2003, 07:37 AM)no ID yet.
Did they at least determine the sex?

·
Registered
3,385 Posts
Does anybody know if a body needs to weighted down to remain submerged that long?
With no missing persons report, my first morbid thought was cement boots

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
QUOTE(Dookie @ Oct 9 2003, 08:13 AM)With no missing persons report, my first morbid thought was cement boots

I thought of that too.

The Metro Mafia.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts