Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
9,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this event has been around the boards for a month... but the good news is now it's on THIS Saturday!!

I recognize that two events are going on that day, so gravitate to whichever you will have the most fun at... but I am looking forward to this massive fire and enjoying perhaps one of the last warm weekends outside...
Hope to see some of you guys at fockers pad... (please don't leave me alone with him and EZC~hee hee!!)

and, yeah, I'll be bringing this one up regularly until Saturday...

instructions copied from original thread:

MEETING SPOT FOR PRE-PARTY GATHERING:
Focker offered up his place~so get there when you want and we will head to the bonfire around 9 ish...

Thanks Focker!!!

Fockers Pad:
57600 Indian Trl
Ray, MI
48096-4434, US

Directions:

From 696 & 94 intersection
Take I-94 EAST towards PORT HURON - go 11.8 mi
6. Take the UTICA(M-59 W) exit, exit #240B - go 0.1 mi
7. 240B becomes ramp - go 0.4 mi
8. Continue on WILLIAM P ROSSO HWY - go 0.4 mi
9. WILLIAM P ROSSO HWY becomes HALL RD - go 0.2 mi
10. Continue on HALL RD/M-59 WEST - go 0.8 mi
11. Turn on NORTH AVE - go 5.6 mi
12. Turn on INDIAN TRL - go 0.4 mi
13. Turn on 26 MILE RD - go 0.1 mi
14. Turn on INDIAN TRL - go 0.3 mi

UPDATED FROM DESIGNIE:

Since I'm the host of the party, just wanted to extend an invite to all of you myself. With the added visibility of the board, it should be bigger than ever. I'll give a little more info..

- Directions: Take I-94 east to exit 248. Turn right (26 mile road). Take 26 mile road about 2 miles to Church road. Turn left on Church. Take Church road North 1 mile to Springborn road (it's the first road you come to). Turn left on Springborn. Drive about 1/8 mile, look on the right hand side (north side) of the road for a crushed concrete driveway. I will have a sign that says party out by the road.

- It is BYOB. I will have a luge, so if you want to bring something to pour, feel free.

- Try to wear boots of some kind, it is vacant land and depending on weather, could be a little messy.

- I am going to try to mark off some areas to park so no one gets stuck or runs over new trees. (thanks in advance )

- There will be a grill there, I usually cook a whole bunch of burgers and dogs, if you'd like to bring extra, again feel free.

- I will have a couple of large canopys set up so if it does rain, most of the people will stay dry.

-It's Casco Township so the size of the fire is never a problem. And it's big.....

-We will have a generator, some lights, a stereo and a computer for the music.

If you have any other questions, feel free to PM me or just post it here and I'll try to answer.

Other than that, hope everyone can make it!! Looking forward to a great party!!

ORIGINAL POST:

Hi Everybody:

A 20 year friend of mine (and a sometime lurker on the boards) is throwing a Bonfire out by 26 mile (see map below) on Saturday November 22 and is looking to have a huge turnout!

-The brb is not available after all, but we can have a caravan leave Woody's @ 8:45 (I can fit 6 people)... if enough people are interested in going that route.

-The bonfire itself is HUGE!!! (it's on property, not a neighborhood so no restrictions on how big!)

-generator will be there with speakers and music

-tiki bar was there last year and believe it will be this years as well.

-wear hiking boots and bring what you want to drink, or want to pour down the luge... that's right, luge.

-EVERYBODY is welcome both lurkers, regulars and friends of lurkers and regulars....

-Time for a party!!!

any questions please don't hesistate to pm.

·
Registered
18,824 Posts
ttt for pauligan

·
Registered
314 Posts
Well I hope to see alot of new faces Saturday. The pallets are stacked and waiting! The fire will be HUGE, the music will be loud, the christmas lights will be hanging around the luge with care...

Come on out! It's always a great night!

Thanks Pauligan for all the effort in promoting!

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
open land does this mean no bathroom for the ladies???

·
Registered
487 Posts
QUOTE(Pandora @ Nov 21 2003, 02:34 PM)open land does this mean no bathroom for the ladies???
Yup that's why she suggested wearin' boots, ground could get a little soggy and you don't want to step in anything CBJ might leave around

·
Registered
314 Posts
QUOTE(Pandora @ Nov 21 2003, 02:34 PM)open land does this mean no bathroom for the ladies???
NO!!

I WILL have a bathroom. I rent a very nice portable toilet that I have delivered there.

·
Registered
9,003 Posts
Well.... all the times I have brought the thread up lately, nobody has commented... and so many people are going on the bus for the different event...

That I didn't want to cruise out there without the original 30 people in my party...

I am playing it by ear as well as Focker...

I totally would love to go, but not by myself, and I don't want Fockers house held hostage to a glum Saturday night with no bonfire peeps...

So, in response... I guess who the hell plans on going??? Cause I REALLY would like to make it happen still...

·
Registered
6,838 Posts
I'm kinda up in the air for Sat night....as of right now I want to quit drinking for a very very long time after the week I've had. But as of now it's between the bus for Paul's b-day and the bonfire. If I go on the bus I will get wasted and spend lots of cash if I go to the bonfire I could chill and play everything by ear. Not to mention I do want to check out Jere's new pad......so you never know you might see me there.

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
Probably doing the bonfire, still tossing back and forth w/pegleggs b'day gathering, however did the bus/bar hop last week..
Wiz was talkin bonfire gig on wed.

·
Registered
9,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
All right, final decision just made:

I will go to fockers, with a case of beer!!!! I will have one or two for the night...so, that's a free 22 beers for you guys!

I'll be there around 8-8:30...

·
a.k.a EZC
2,010 Posts
I'm planning on the bon-fire. Don't let us down Pauligan!

·
LSCN Sponsor since 3/11
4,629 Posts
QUOTE(pauligan @ Nov 21 2003, 03:43 PM)I will go to fockers, with a case of beer!!!!
Only A case of beer??? Better bring more!!!
j/k
I'll get some...
Beer that is.

·
Registered
314 Posts
ttt

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
Pauligan ya gotta go!! I don't want to drive all that way to find that I don't know anybody there. Weather is gonna be good for it. Lets go peeps!

·
LSCN Sponsor
6,427 Posts
We'll be waiting for BlondeStreak, SoSassy & their boys. Considering heading up there around 9PM or so.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts