Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
9,003 Posts
MEETING SPOT FOR PRE-PARTY GATHERING:
Focker offered up his place~so get there when you want and we will head to the bonfire around 9 ish...

Thanks Focker!!!

Fockers Pad:
57600 Indian Trl
Ray, MI
48096-4434, US

Directions:

From 696 & 94 intersection
Take I-94 EAST towards PORT HURON - go 11.8 mi
6. Take the UTICA(M-59 W) exit, exit #240B - go 0.1 mi
7. 240B becomes ramp - go 0.4 mi
8. Continue on WILLIAM P ROSSO HWY - go 0.4 mi
9. WILLIAM P ROSSO HWY becomes HALL RD - go 0.2 mi
10. Continue on HALL RD/M-59 WEST - go 0.8 mi
11. Turn on NORTH AVE - go 5.6 mi
12. Turn on INDIAN TRL - go 0.4 mi
13. Turn on 26 MILE RD - go 0.1 mi
14. Turn on INDIAN TRL - go 0.3 mi

UPDATED FROM DESIGNIE:

Since I'm the host of the party, just wanted to extend an invite to all of you myself. With the added visibility of the board, it should be bigger than ever. I'll give a little more info..

- Directions: Take I-94 east to exit 248. Turn right (26 mile road). Take 26 mile road about 2 miles to Church road. Turn left on Church. Take Church road North 1 mile to Springborn road (it's the first road you come to). Turn left on Springborn. Drive about 1/8 mile, look on the right hand side (north side) of the road for a crushed concrete driveway. I will have a sign that says party out by the road.

- It is BYOB. I will have a luge, so if you want to bring something to pour, feel free.

- Try to wear boots of some kind, it is vacant land and depending on weather, could be a little messy.

- I am going to try to mark off some areas to park so no one gets stuck or runs over new trees. (thanks in advance )

- There will be a grill there, I usually cook a whole bunch of burgers and dogs, if you'd like to bring extra, again feel free.

- I will have a couple of large canopys set up so if it does rain, most of the people will stay dry.

-It's Casco Township so the size of the fire is never a problem. And it's big.....

-We will have a generator, some lights, a stereo and a computer for the music.

If you have any other questions, feel free to PM me or just post it here and I'll try to answer.

Other than that, hope everyone can make it!! Looking forward to a great party!!

ORIGINAL POST:

Hi Everybody:

A 20 year friend of mine (and a sometime lurker on the boards) is throwing a Bonfire out by 26 mile (see map below) on Saturday November 22 and is looking to have a huge turnout!

-The brb is not available after all, but we can have a caravan leave Woody's @ 8:45 (I can fit 6 people)... if enough people are interested in going that route.

-The bonfire itself is HUGE!!! (it's on property, not a neighborhood so no restrictions on how big!)

-generator will be there with speakers and music

-tiki bar was there last year and believe it will be this years as well.

-wear hiking boots and bring what you want to drink, or want to pour down the luge... that's right, luge.

-EVERYBODY is welcome both lurkers, regulars and friends of lurkers and regulars....

-Time for a party!!!

any questions please don't hesistate to pm.

Attachments

·
Registered
11,681 Posts
ooh! sounds like fun!

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
I can't turn over the image to "see map on back".

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
So, where on that map is it??

That's almost walking distance from home.

·
Registered
3,043 Posts
I am definitely up for a good old fashioned bonfire. Can we burn CBJ in effigy??

·
LSCN Sponsor
4,403 Posts
QUOTE(traveler @ Oct 29 2003, 11:25 AM)I am definitely up for a good old fashioned bonfire. Can we burn CBJ in effigy??
The LSCN "Burning Man" Festival

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
QUOTE(The Perfect Fit @ Oct 29 2003, 10:32 AM)Ms. P, that's only a few miles from my home... I live right off of 26 mile rd... East of Gratiot...

I didn't know you lived that close.

·
LSCN Sponsor
4,403 Posts
QUOTE(traveler @ Oct 29 2003, 11:25 AM)I am definitely up for a good old fashioned bonfire. Can we burn CBJ in effigy??

·
Registered
465 Posts
QUOTE(traveler @ Oct 29 2003, 09:25 AM)I am definitely up for a good old fashioned bonfire. Can we burn CBJ in effigy??
Roast that Marshmallow!!!!

·
Registered
8,011 Posts
QUOTE(Taxman @ Oct 29 2003, 10:28 AM)QUOTE(traveler @ Oct 29 2003, 11:25 AM) I am definitely up for a good old fashioned bonfire. Can we burn CBJ in effigy??
The LSCN "Burning Man" Festival

That's the first thing that I thought of too. I'm in I think.

·
Registered
6,838 Posts
Unless something major comes up I'm sure I'll be in on the BRB.

There is nothing better than a pallet fire. There far and away the biggest and best....but go quick. I hope they have plenty.

·
Vendor
14,664 Posts
QUOTE(Snowmaker @ Oct 29 2003, 09:34 AM)QUOTE(The Perfect Fit @ Oct 29 2003, 10:32 AM) Ms. P, that's only a few miles from my home... I live right off of 26 mile rd... East of Gratiot...

I didn't know you lived that close.

I live 1 road south of 26 Mile rd and half way between Gratiot and North Ave...

1 - 20 of 86 Posts