Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Vendor
12,828 Posts
I went into several links off that one and not in any of those articles and government sites do they state the exact locations other than the buildings within towns and villages that already have cameras. The Gull Island part must be a big secret.....

·
Registered
10,183 Posts
So, for this part of the project, it's $31 MILLION dollars.. and the river is how long... 35 miles?? How much are WE paying for the rest of the "border security enhancement" on just THIS section of the border?

At ~$1M/mile, how are they going to look at the rest of the 4,000 mile long border (if you exclude Alaska's border with Canada) ?? Most of that border you can WALK or DRIVE across.
Is there something we're (or I'm) missing??... has there been a lot of people or contriband smuggling across the river?? More than other places?

·
Registered
562 Posts
This is all so rediculous. And the Coast Guard boats are running up and down the north channel with M-60 machine guns on the deck while the blue and white helicopters and planes are flying over the whole flats areas. And of course the blue and white Yukons are stopping the rest of us on M29, 26 Mile etc. on the way home from our boats.

This whole homeland security thing is out of control. Somebody got the funding and they're making the most of spending every penny of it. We all should have applied for jobs with them three years ago.

I support protecting our borders...but this is out of control in this area. The funds would be more fruitful if they were spend near the mexican border. And now the problem is that the higher ups have figured out that the costs are not justified by the results....so you and I and the rest of us are going to be checked more often on the land and the water so that these guys can justify their existance to their supervisors.

Make sure you have a sober driver with you...because pretty soon they're going to be locking you up for having empty beer cans in your cooler. Maybe they will at least suceed in keeping the skippies from wading out to the raft at the Moot and back. Seems to me they would all qualify as "********" who might be trying to sneak into the country..... at least then they would be providing a valid local law enforcement service.

·
Registered
207 Posts
They snuck a tower into the front yard of the Idle Hour..... I heard the talk of the Gull and others but this one took me by surprise. I am sure they are collecting rent, but what an eyesore on that property.

·
Registered
9,917 Posts
QUOTE(47chris @ Oct 13 2009, 07:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>They snuck a tower into the front yard of the Idle Hour..... I heard the talk of the Gull and others but this one took me by surprise. I am sure they are collecting rent, but what an eyesore on that property.

I can think of a bigger eyesore at IHYC

Guess they are taking patrolling the Michigan border pretty serious

·
Registered
4,077 Posts

·
Registered
10,039 Posts
QUOTE(Chriznat @ Oct 13 2009, 09:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(47chris @ Oct 13 2009, 07:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>They snuck a tower into the front yard of the Idle Hour..... I heard the talk of the Gull and others but this one took me by surprise. I am sure they are collecting rent, but what an eyesore on that property.

I can think of a bigger eyesore at IHYC

Guess they are taking patrolling the Michigan border pretty serious

Aw chit someone said there was something going on there but I never heard what.
Wow and eyesore to surveil a deserted island.

·
Vendor
12,828 Posts
QUOTE(47chris @ Oct 13 2009, 08:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>They snuck a tower into the front yard of the Idle Hour..... I heard the talk of the Gull and others but this one took me by surprise. I am sure they are collecting rent, but what an eyesore on that property.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME???
I know who owns the proporty and it doesn't surprise me. What an F'n JOKE!
One of the last remaining historical boat clubs on the island and they ruin it with something like this. Please tell me that the proporty owner had a choice in this matter.....

·
Registered
207 Posts
QUOTE(Convincor @ Oct 14 2009, 07:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(47chris @ Oct 13 2009, 08:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>They snuck a tower into the front yard of the Idle Hour..... I heard the talk of the Gull and others but this one took me by surprise. I am sure they are collecting rent, but what an eyesore on that property.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME???
One of the last remaining historical boat clubs on the island and they ruin it with something like this. Please tell me that the proporty owner had a choice in this matter.....

I think that is the problem, had a choice and has to be getting paid for it. Rumor has it 1700 a month.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
QUOTE(Convincor @ Oct 14 2009, 11:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(47chris @ Oct 13 2009, 08:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>They snuck a tower into the front yard of the Idle Hour..... I heard the talk of the Gull and others but this one took me by surprise. I am sure they are collecting rent, but what an eyesore on that property.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME???

It's private property and seeing he is collecting a nice rent each month I was told $1700 / month not sure if that is acurate or not but that is what I was told. I'm sure he had a choice in the matter. It is a eye sore it looks like a cell tower. Was very surprised when I saw it last weekend.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.