Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a new and bigger trolling motor so I can troll a little faster now. Before I used 3/4 and 1oz bb to troll and drift the edges of the channela dn by the st clair light. What weight are most of you guys using? what would be the best for 18-30 fow trolling around 2.0 mph

·
Registered
163 Posts
QUOTE(stick em @ Jul 30 2009, 03:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I just got a new and bigger trolling motor so I can troll a little faster now. Before I used 3/4 and 1oz bb to troll and drift the edges of the channela dn by the st clair light. What weight are most of you guys using? what would be the best for 18-30 fow trolling around 2.0 mph

Off hand, at 2mph in 18-30fow I would use at least a 2oz. BB, but adjust the length of line out between the 18 and 30 fow or go heavier. I prefer only enough line out to produce a 45 degree angle with your line and the water. Let the troll speed and depth dictate what size BB you need to achieve that 45 degree angle. Thats just my 2 cents when trolling with 72" long harnesses.

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
Troll another harness high....straight back, 150'-200' of line if you have it. nice to have another bait run thru an area after all the others just in case.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.