Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
After the ordeal I just went through with Dolphinite and its "GO SLOW" paint, I am of the thought to go cheap, put it on, get a good season out of it, power wash it off in the fall and resand and reapply in the spring.

Sorry, but this left a bad taste in my mouth and a load of work on my hull.

·
12,052 Posts
I have used VC17 on my last three boats. If the hull is prepped good it will last for years and NEVER chip off. Its to thin too. It has teflon in it for better gas mileage and speed.

·
Registered
585 Posts
We need to have the bottom refinished also this year...but I just do not have to the time to do it. Does anyone out here do this for a living? I would rather give my business to a LSCN member.
Thanks, Cindy

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
Doing bottom coat/paint this season also, probably going with a VC-17. Really would like a translucent type (not Dolphinite)

Otherwise going with blue like my gelcoat color.

·
Registered
4,832 Posts
wonder how that west system is if any good?

·
Registered
8,011 Posts
QUOTE(bobrob20 @ Feb 13 2004, 02:28 PM)wonder how that west system is if any good?
I've used VC-17 in the past and more recently West Systems. Different applications and I have been happy with both.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I use VC-17 and think it's one of the best. Interlux has a web site you should check out that lists their various products. If you use vc-17 over a non teflon bottom paint though it will flake off. Prep is very important.

·
Registered
19,233 Posts
ditto on the v-17......we don't bottom paint now that we rack store. Always used it on our old boat when we kept it in the water. We used to keep it on a canal by Metro and you know how nasty that water gets......so that stuff works great!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts